Controls

Jan 31, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Top:Ernest Earick - Bow to Stern Control, Joshua Jay - Tabled bluff spread

Bottom:Ernest Earick - One Hand Convincing Control, Martin Gardner - Hindu Control

Sep 2, 2007
Best controls I've ever seen would probably be the illusion control by aaron fisher which is absolutely beautiful which you can control a card to any postion in teh top half of the deck, except top, in which looks like you actually just push the card into the deck.

And for a control to the bottom I use the outjogged-herman pass or mikes move. Mike's move is very angley but when done fast in almost invisible.

Mike's move can be found in the devil's picturebook.

Nov 10, 2007
A few controls I have been working on lately are:
Dribble Pass
Tilt
Winter control
DMB spread control
necktie control [ think thats what its called ]

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
The double undercut is simply the best. It's about timing and casualness.

I usually just switch the selected card for an indifferent and bury that cleanly in the middle.

There is also a way of controlling a card to the top using a DMB/Convincing control.

That is VERY true! I see a lot of magicians that as soon as they do the first cut, they immediately do the second two. Its not necessary to do them quick at all.

Dec 5, 2008
well i can tell u this, i actually sorta did a little control iunno if anyone has ever done its a control to the top and very useful and flourishy you tell the spectator to pick a card and the swing cut and put the card back to the middle and then get a break like the DUC, transfer to thumb break, swing cut a packet to your left hand, use your left hand thumb to swing cut at the break, and now you have two options left drop the packet and then the selected card is at the top, or you can break the pack into two and swivel the bottom packet to the top and then swing it to the rest and then drop or dribble the rest. ill tyr to make a vid of it soon

Oct 13, 2008
The Pass (and its cousins) has to be one of the best controls out there. It's fair, but there are also more convincing ones out there. The DMB Spread Control slams me every time, but I have very few uses for a bottom control. The Dribble Discrepancy control (on the Trilogy, so sue me) is pretty deceptive if you can flow with it. I'll be honest, I've skated by on the pass for about a year and a half now, and I've been fine all this time. If you thirst for more controls, there are some good ones out there though.

Sun|Sky

Nov 23, 2008
Best control for me has simply got to be a DL. It's the last phase of my ACR aswell. If I'm not in the right position for a DL the a top change is just fine.

But for something a bit different I use Ed Marlo's Flexible Switch or some variations on the Convincing Control.

well i can tell u this, i actually sorta did a little control iunno if anyone has ever done its a control to the top and very useful and flourishy you tell the spectator to pick a card and the swing cut and put the card back to the middle and then get a break like the DUC, transfer to thumb break, swing cut a packet to your left hand, use your left hand thumb to swing cut at the break, and now you have two options left drop the packet and then the selected card is at the top, or you can break the pack into two and swivel the bottom packet to the top and then swing it to the rest and then drop or dribble the rest. ill tyr to make a vid of it soon

i think i have seen something like this before, thank you

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
Joel Paschalls fan control!!
My favorite control, especially with hecklers.
They can shuffle and cut the deck as much as they want.

I showed you how to do it a couple of weeks ago bro

haha

Jul 16, 2008
bouble under cut when performing cut the deck once talk a little cut there card to the top then give it a shuffle controling the top stock

The Pass (and its cousins) has to be one of the best controls out there. It's fair, but there are also more convincing ones out there. The DMB Spread Control slams me every time, but I have very few uses for a bottom control. The Dribble Discrepancy control (on the Trilogy, so sue me) is pretty deceptive if you can flow with it. I'll be honest, I've skated by on the pass for about a year and a half now, and I've been fine all this time. If you thirst for more controls, there are some good ones out there though.

Sun|Sky

[COLOR="Red] I love this control. It's so deceptive and pretty useful too. [/COLOR]

The DD control is really hard though....and I saw it the first time I watched Swiss made.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
[COLOR="Red] I love this control. It's so deceptive and pretty useful too. [/COLOR]

The DD control is really hard though....and I saw it the first time I watched Swiss made.

i just looked that up on there sight, it looks sick.
im goin to have to check that out

Nov 2, 2008
I would have to go with cascade, when done as a casual action like how dan and dave teach it there is nothing to suspect, and even if they burn your hands it is very difficult to catch (assuming theyre at a good angle). If they burn your hands with a double undercut its pretty obvious you're moving their card to the top. Plus thats shifting half the pack to control one card. Cherry is also good, but you can really only do it from an outjogged card. Also DMB spread is good if you get the timing right theres nothing to suspect. The DDC is like the DMB spread in that they both rely on timing, but theres more to suspect on the DDC, I caught it on the first viewing of swiss made, so I would stick with cascade to the top and dmb spread to the bottom.

May 8, 2008
England
I think that the overhand shuffle control is completely underated. You can just control the card around the pack. If someone really wants to shuffle, glimpse, let them and then just casually spread and cut to the card. I love this control... :p
I really want to learn the cascade though, there seems to be so little to suspect.
And yeah I caught DDC, but I think that DMB spread is great, still working on making mine smoother.

Try to learn a variety, see what you like and what you're comfortable with and go from there, everyone is different.

-S

Nov 23, 2008
Instead of always controlling, why not try glimpsing the selection? Recently I have been doing this a lot more and it is much easier than always using the same/your favourite controls and risk of getting caught. My favourite glimpse has to be The Flicker Glimpse from By Forces Unseen, try it out!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results