Creating an artist account for minors?

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by lolhammertime, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Hello!

I was planning to release an original flourish, so I tried to sign up for an artist account. However there were some stuff that I had to fill in (marked with an asterisk), like stuff about checks and whatnot. I'm a minor and I don't have my own bank account, so I can't fill it up (actually I do but I don't have access to it until I reach college). I'm planning to release the effect for free, so that stuff doesn't really matter. Should I just settle for Youtube?

2. Right now you need to include those things. Some of it is for tax information. If I were you I'd talk to your parents and tell them that you'd like to start a bank account so you can save for college. It is simple to do and only takes a few dollars to set up for most banks.

lolhammertime likes this.
  3. Or have your parents add their indo and have all of the money go to them. Then they can just pay you themselves out of what T11 sends them.

4. But also keep in mind, if you charge money for your trick/flourish, you won't see a paycheck until your balance hits $50+.

5. I have another question.

I don't live in the U.S. so I'm curious as to how Theory11 can send money if ever I charge for an effect? May I know the process? Do I need a special bank account like a dollar account? Thanks in advance!

6. They write you a check and send it in the mail.

They send it to the address you plug into your settings.

7. Thanks for the info!

Brett Hurley likes this.
  8. I dont live the US. if i were to recieve a check, would cost me any shipping, mail etc charges?

9. That's a good question. I don't live in the US either. Anyone?

10. Nope! We don't charge any "shipping" fees for your check. It is sent out by US Mail, which we pay for - even if you live outside of the USA.

// L

11. Thats cool. Thanks for the info!