Andrew Maynes Voodoo Box

Andrew Maynes Bisection

Andrew Maynes Tear Down

Daniel Garcias PRESSURE

MUSIC

Stronger (Workout Remix) by Power Music Workout

one more time by Draft punk

Sep 1, 2007
What exactly ties these together? What's the point?

If you can't answer that, you're doing it wrong. Start over and try it again.

Sep 1, 2007
Leesburg, Virginia.
So first you impale your assistant with 21 umbrellas. THEN you slide the top half of your body off the lower half. THEN you tear a newspaper in half and restore it. THEN you put a deck of cards into a balloon? ARE YOU CRAZY!? How do these effects relate in ANY way and second of all your list is EXTREMELY anticlimactic. You start off impaling a person and end up with a balloon/card trick. Pressure and Tear Down are closeup/parlor tricks not stage acts. Learn some mentalism or JUST use Voodoo Box and buy some better stage magic like Sands in the Desert or Snowstorm in China. Linking Rings or Cups and Balls work well too depending on what kind of magician you are.

Sep 1, 2007
I know you're in middle school, but show up for english class once in a while.

critique*
week*

And read some posts around here, which some really really great performers tell you things you ought to know before you even think about what your first trick is going to be.

Harsh but good suggestions in here already.

~Beans

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
I assume you have around 5 to 10 minutes to prove yourself in a talent show.

interesting. 4 tricks in a maximum of 10 minutes.

cluttered performance which will probably only pay attention to the technical aspects and have no presentation whatsoever, save for the weak script you'll call patter.

youre also mixing the wrong effects together and producing an incredibly anti climactic show.

Yeah this lineup of tricks will not cut it. Even if you go at Hans klok speed there isn't much relationship of the tricks. Maybe you should focus on one of the bigger tricks like Voodoo box and bisection Perform one and maybe have a tie in with a smaller effect.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I assume you have around 5 to 10 minutes to prove yourself in a talent show.

interesting. 4 tricks in a maximum of 10 minutes.

cluttered performance which will probably only pay attention to the technical aspects and have no presentation whatsoever, save for the weak script you'll call patter.

youre also mixing the wrong effects together and producing an incredibly anti climactic show.

This about sums it up, along with Steerpike's and Sands' posts.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Yeah this lineup of tricks will not cut it. Even if you go at Hans klok speed there isn't much relationship of the tricks. Maybe you should focus on one of the bigger tricks like Voodoo box and bisection Perform one and maybe have a tie in with a smaller effect.

Ha, hans klok speed. Made me chuckle. Right, choose one effect and concentrate on your performance.

Not to brag, but i had an awesome magic show in elementary school.
with my sister
so i did a french drop coin vanish
then my sister did some handkerchief trick where they all tie together.
then i did the rope to silk, then did the lightbulb in mouth.
then we did some bigger tricks, like the twisting head trick, then something else then we ended with the empty box to box with stuff in it, then ended throwing out candy. it was soo sick
i wanna get it online but its vhs and im a retard on getting things like that online

Sep 1, 2007
Not to brag, but i had an awesome magic show in elementary school.
with my sister
so i did a french drop coin vanish
then my sister did some handkerchief trick where they all tie together.
then i did the rope to silk, then did the lightbulb in mouth.
then we did some bigger tricks, like the twisting head trick, then something else then we ended with the empty box to box with stuff in it, then ended throwing out candy. it was soo sick
i wanna get it online but its vhs and im a retard on getting things like that online

~Beans

Good effects lined up there. However, to criticise your performance, we need to see it really.

Anyone can list a line of effects, or write down a whole log of what happens in the performance. But what we imagine when reading, is going to look nothing like the performance you will be performing.

If you can get a video of it, even if it is rough, at least we can see and give you tips.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results