Cross Twist by Paul Harris

Little pet peeve: it's the Cros Twist, named after the magician Daniel Cros.

That aside, the technique isn't half bad. It's done much better than many of the videos I've seen on YouTube in the past. I think you've got the mechanics of the effect down pat. With that though, I think you should think more about what to say during the effect, because you're often "narrating for the blind." You're not saying anything that people watching the effect won't already know. Develop a story or create a better script to emphasize the magic in the effect. Don't just narrate what you're doing.

Otherwise, you did a pretty decent job and the effect looks great. The only thing I'd probably change is to not "try so hard" weaving the selection in between the other cards. Doing so legitimately isn't that difficult...

RS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
Looked great! My only comment is the first time you go to put the card in "between" them you try to much convincing. Check the difference between the first time and 2nd time. Besides that it was wicked!

Dec 12, 2009
www.asadchaudhry.com
Thanks for the feedback :) I agree i tried to hard to get the card between the other two and my effort level was inconsistent in the two phases. I guess i never tried to actually do it, it turns out its much easier than i thought it would be :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results