Cyril Takayama - Card Through Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2009
near paris
i don't know about is show, but come on, it's like the spiderman trick , to me magic is more than that , uri geller made magic with a spoon, this is magic , because it's nothing gimmick it's all on the personnality of the performer , not about stooges (except maybe shipi), gimmick camera cuts ...

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Nice dismissing of argument there... "i dont know about that plausible proof but i think its something else."
And you are saying that magic has to be ungimmicked, stoogeless, trickless even? Well my friend, i find you shallow and pedantic.... (family guy quote by the way..)

Sep 5, 2007
Nice dismissing of argument there... "i dont know about that plausible proof but i think its something else."
And you are saying that magic has to be ungimmicked, stoogeless, trickless even? Well my friend, i find you shallow and pedantic.... (family guy quote by the way..)

amen to that.. this guy is as shallow as you can get...

Jul 13, 2009
Not going to point fingers here or at other magicians that these next few words may apply to but. Many magician's on television who have regular shows, tend to take advantage of the magic of television. Some do it a lot, some are subtle, some use very very clever methods and it conditions myself as a magician to question what exactly I am watching on my tele. I think many in the magic world are a little tired of seeing the clever post edit special effects and would rather see traditional magic being performed that doesn't have to use an incredibly convoluted set up, an actor, or fancy camera work.

Jul 13, 2009

Okay so I see a ghost video on youtube, unless I actually know for a fact that it is a piece of cheese cloth, I have to accept that it is a ghost? Hell no, I am aloud to be a skeptical little monkey and say "I think its something else."

"lets get some fact straight magic is fake... magicians are actors. they all pretent to have "powers"(much like you). and the fact that you saying that his work is not magic is really nonsense.."

Magic is as real as the magician himself believes it to be. If you take on the mind set that we are just actors and what we do is not real, then yeah your magic is going to suck. Why? Because your motives behind the trick will give it away.

"let me ask you a question.. do you have powers?!"

I do indeed have powers. I can get myself out of bed everyday to live another day. That is an accomplishment in itself. Also that is a very very unfair question. It is loaded and whether you know it or not.

"do you do real magic? people can probably say that you are more fake than cyril.... everything has an explanation. the effect that cyril makes on his TV shows are for ordinary people. not for you."

?? So Cyril isn't making tricks to fool magicians? Well shizz man why the heck are magicians staring at what he does and going "WHHHHAAAAAT?" (insert clueless face here)

"he performs it perfectly, gets his audiences amazed and thus creating that magic feeling in them. try asking his target viewers on how to explain what he just did.. trust me they will all say its magic. "

"O O is magic!" Cyril and Angel are probably the equivalent of each other. They both got a stage show, they both have a television show and they both have raving frothing at the mouth fans. Except, here in America the ones that aren't to much of a fan dismiss his effects to the camera edits. I am certain it is the same where Cyril is.

Yeah this post is my pointing fingers post.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
i do have several card through window, most of the time the teaser is great, and when you receive it it's most of the time impossible to do for real life
take peter marvey 's card through window for example, this one is only for stage at night, they say the opposite but when you know the secret you understand it can't be done for real

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
There may be something lost in translation here, but I prefer magicians that seem magical over magicians that display outright skill. I like Ricky Jay's gambling demonstrations, but I like his inexplicable stuff even more. Plus his patter is awesome.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Alright, a lot of you need to understand something and understand it quickly. I am not saying all TV magicians, but definitely in Cyril's case, he is an outstanding magician and technician.

However, in order to make the big bucks with magic, you have to sacrifice a little bit of the pureness to the art (the millions of hard to master techniques, etc...) and add a little bit of showbiz. But, I can guarantee that Cyril puts in the time honing his skills.

I have seen nearly all of his live TV specials, TV series (I live in Japan, they are easy to track down), and his skills range from card, coin, cigarette, silks, rubber bands, stage, pretty much everything.

So, better check yourself when you say crap like, "I am a magician, Cyril is just and entertainer." What you should be saying, "Cyril is both a skilled magician and highly successful entertainer."

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
i like entertaining, what i said it's whe i perform they ask me for the same tricks they saw on tv ! as i don't want to tell them it's magic for tv , they don't understand the difference between table hopping and criss angel

Jul 13, 2009
Alright, a lot of you need to understand something and understand it quickly. I am not saying all TV magicians, but definitely in Cyril's case, he is an outstanding magician and technician.

What's your problem? No one denied he wasn't an outstanding magician or technician. Also, all television magicians has talent and was an outstanding magician at some point in their career. If a comparison was made that may have suggested that someone was saying Cyril isn't an outstanding magician/technician, then you missed the comparison.

However, in order to make the big bucks with magic, you have to sacrifice a little bit of the pureness to the art (the millions of hard to master techniques, etc...) and add a little bit of showbiz. But, I can guarantee that Cyril puts in the time honing his skills.

Pictures of you next to Cyril working on a pass, or you can't guarantee it. ^^ PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Yay internet meme

I have seen nearly all of his live TV specials, TV series (I live in Japan, they are easy to track down), and his skills range from card, coin, cigarette, silks, rubber bands, stage, pretty much everything.

Congrats, here some cookies.
meringue-turds.jpg

People can in fact use youtube to find Cyril's special and what not and most are aware of his abilities.

So, better check yourself when you say crap like, "I am a magician, Cyril is just and entertainer." What you should be saying, "Cyril is both a skilled magician and highly successful entertainer."

That is your opinion and you'd better watch yourself while trying to push it on others ^^.

Cyril is a wonderful showman and entertainer, if he wasn't he wouldn't be on television. But then again many other magicians are terrific showmans and Entertainers as well, some I'd even say more entertaining then others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results