D&D Smokes and Mirrors

May 25, 2010
What's the latest on the S+Ms? They are always sold out by the time I have enough money to buy them and I want to buy them off of Theory11, not Ebay. If they are going to be re-released, is it going to be a new design or the V4s or like the originals? Thanks in advance.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
What's the latest on the S+Ms? They are always sold out by the time I have enough money to buy them and I want to buy them off of Theory11, not Ebay. If they are going to be re-released, is it going to be a new design or the V4s or like the originals? Thanks in advance.

The new run on v4s are undetermined at this point, however Allan Hagen said on the Dan and Dave forums that they will be reprinted, but not how you know them....I'm not sure what he meant by that but there's an answer. Hope I've semi-helped, as there literally IS no info about them yet.

-Casey

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX

Yeah me too. Every time I have money they are sold out. Its sad becasue I don't have a deck of smoke and mirrors:(

But if you want them maybe you can put in your signature that you want some S+Ms and hopefully someone can make a deal with you. But a warning they aren't going to $6 a deck now.

Hope this helps.

May 23, 2010
Singapore
S&Ms are great decks but I think you should get Split Spades , the deck which in many people's opinion is better for a cheaper price.My S&Ms didn't last and the Ds made me angry literally.

Feb 4, 2008
S&Ms are great decks but I think you should get Split Spades , the deck which in many people's opinion is better for a cheaper price.My S&Ms didn't last and the Ds made me angry literally.
I have yet to have an opportunity to try the Split spades so I can't speak to the quality issue...but where do you find them cheaper than S&Ms? Most places I have found sell split spades for about $7.00 and S&Ms for $6.00...when available.

BTW the v.4 made me angry too before they broke in!:) I was about to throw them against the wall but then they just sort of broke in and wound up being one of my favorites.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
We are hard at work on the v5 edition. Expect news within the coming months. They look smokin' - not green, not black, and not white.

May 9, 2008
We are hard at work on the v5 edition. Expect news within the coming months. They look smokin' - not green, not black, and not white.

I take this to mean red or blue, but it could also mean a smokey grayish color.

I think it would be awesome to see a deck in neon colors.

Nov 10, 2007
I take this to mean red or blue, but it could also mean a smokey grayish color.

I think it would be awesome to see a deck in neon colors.

It would be cool to see a deck in neon color. The closest thing to it is the yellow Dr. Leon deck, I think.

I can not wait to see the new edition. Hopefully they don't stop making these they are awesome.

Thank you

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
haha eostresh. my grandpa always thought maroon was a sort of beige color. i always get a chuckle when i hear it.

i'd have to go with midnight blue!

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I really can't see D&D producing a neon colored deck.... it really doesn't suite their style.A tad too flashy for the elegance their cards give off. I'd have to guess a darker color like the midnight blue or maroon said before.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I would be a big fan of a dark blue deck. I couldn't stand the "puke" green color even though they handled extremely well. I even took my deck to 2 different IBM meetings and nobody liked them. Even some of the younger guys in their 20's disliked them. Oh well. Everyone has their own taste. Obviously they sold out as fast so loads of people liked them or the ones that did hoarded them all...ha ha.

I would love to see a deck produced with the same metallic ink that was used on the boxes of the 125's bikes. It would probably cost a fortune though. Not sure if they would fan well with that type of ink though either.

May 18, 2008
Yeah, metallic would be cool.

I am just glad that they keep making them; it is innevitable when creating a deck of cards for mistakes not to be made. So when each deck is better (albeit different) than the last, you know that the next edition will have fewer and fewer mistakes.

I am looking forward to picking up a deck!

Color Guess: Grey (like a realistic smoke pattern)

Apr 6, 2010
I doubt it would be cost effective but imagine a lenticular back? For those of you unnaquainted with this term, it is like the DVD covers you get where it changes from' one image to another when you tilt it.

Could be interesting, although probably mesmerizing to an extent haha.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results