DanandDave :: Contests

Nov 10, 2007
I don't think any of you were aware of this but over at www.dananddave.com they are now going to be doing contests. Every friday night, the first contest was awesome, a type of contest I love. They say that there will be all kinds of contests, and the prizes are sick. I won friday nights contest and won a set of 1st edition smoke and mirriors' and the limited orange edition of Andthensome.
So go check it out:

http://community.dananddave.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Make sure to read the rules and all that good stuff.

I am not advertising or anything, I am just letting people know this, so if you are bored on a friday night now you won't be.

- Donald

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
looks cool. what is the deadline tho? like how long do you have to tape or w/e i couldnt find it. maybe i looked in the wrong place

The last contest finished Saturday night. There will be a new contest soon. Follow @danbuck @dwbuck @bucktwins or the twins online project manager @lyleborders on Twitter for updates on new contests.

Jan 28, 2009
I was aware of it. Contests are always good fun. Suprised you won to be honest, thought there were better submissions myself.

LMFAO. The bitterness.

I thought his submission was head and shoulders above the others.

MM is a good performer when he's performing magic rather than doing head stands and acting like a 10 year old. Congrats. The creator of an effect giving you props like that means you're evidently doing something very right.

I was aware of it. Contests are always good fun. Suprised you won to be honest, thought there were better submissions myself.

I don't think this was a very nessacery response. Donald from the first time I spoke with you I can defenitly see you've grown alot in your magic. Much props man and I thought your video was great regardless of what some may think. Keep it real, keep doing live performances!:)

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I don't think this was a very nessacery response. Donald from the first time I spoke with you I can defenitly see you've grown alot in your magic. Much props man and I thought your video was great regardless of what some may think. Keep it real, keep doing live performances!:)

Well I didn't intend for it to start a hassle, I was just giving my opinion on the latest contest they held. I respect him for giving a live performance, but I thought their was better entries.

Nov 10, 2007
Thank you guys for all the comments, I can't wait to see all of the other contests' they have, if they are like this, these contests' will become very popular.
Thanks Shane for the response I really respect that:), I am glad you think I improved. I did the slow motion thing and instantaneous idea when performing because of RDChopper, I hope he is happy I at least added some patter.
Thank you and if any questions I am here to answer
- Donald

Jul 25, 2008
Upstate New York
Yeah I was aware of those contests, I was gonna enter with Osh Negash B'gosh but I wanted a random spectator, and not just someone from my family. Also at the time I saw the contest posted I wouldn't have had enough time. But Donald, your performance was really great, definitely better than all of the other submissions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results