David Blaine Effect

Jul 8, 2009
I was watching one of David Blaine's old TV specials last night and saw him perform the following. He asked the spectator to name a card. After they named the card he asked the spectator to simply flick a deck in front of them. When they did their card appeared face up. Although I can come up with a couple ideas on how to do this, I can't think of anything as clean as Blaine performed. Has the effect ever been released? Thanks

I was watching one of David Blaine's old TV specials last night and saw him perform the following. He asked the spectator to name a card. After they named the card he asked the spectator to simply flick a deck in front of them. When they did their card appeared face up. Although I can come up with a couple ideas on how to do this, I can't think of anything as clean as Blaine performed. Has the effect ever been released? Thanks

Oh I've seen that one! I saw it several years ago and have still never discovered the method or if it was released anywhere

Jul 8, 2009
My memory is that Blaine actually had the spectator do the flicking--in Card Fictions the performer does the flicking. There are similarties but Blaine's version seems to take it to a different level.

Nov 8, 2007
My memory is that Blaine actually had the spectator do the flicking--in Card Fictions the performer does the flicking. There are similarties but Blaine's version seems to take it to a different level.

It's the same effect. Blaine just has the spectator flick the deck. He also uses a different method for having the card selected and controlled. Still the same (Pit Hartling) effect, though. He's just altered the handling a bit. Really fun effect to perform.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
If Blaine did an effect exactly like it was written it would be easy for us magicians to find out where it's published, or where to learn it.

He puts those variations in there to suit his style, and to pretty much up the ante on all of his effects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results