David Blaine - Performing Real Magic : An Image

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Earlier today I was passed along a picture I wanted to share. It had an enormous effect on me and knowing DB - this is the type of thing he does on a regular basis without media present, without photo ops, and without announcement. I was up in NYC this past week for my birthday, and I brought up a few Trilogy DVD sets with me. I had thought that they were all for DB personally, but he had bigger plans with them. DB brought one of those sets to Elijah, the young magician in the picture. Elijah is based in NYC and battling cancer. It shows a bit of DB's true colors and especially in this scenario, is one of those things that makes you stop and think about some of the bigger things in this world.

In this industry, in these forums, and in this world there is often much negativity; much discord. It's good to stop every once in a while, take a deep breath in, and see the bigger picture. We all do magic for a reason. I'd like to think that I speak on behalf of 99.9% of our members here when I say that we do magic to spread the feeling of wonder and astonishment to others; to make an impact and an impression on the lives of others.

No matter what, always keep that in mind. Never forget that.
_

Attachments

• DB_Trilogy.jpg
    DB_Trilogy.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 291
Wow, this is great to see, he;s not just some money hungry celebrity, he's really a good guy.
There are people battling cancer while we complain about how slow our sybils are. Makes you think.

That's something special right there. That's the kinda stuff that should be happening more often. There's nothing better than trying to make a special moment for someone, and seeing the end result being pure happiness. We should all be as lucky as Blaine to spread it the way we just saw.

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
I love this picture. I saw it yesterday on David Blaine's fan page on Facebook and I was inspired. This is the kind of picture that makes me proud to be a magician.

-1000th post and what a great post to have my 1000th post

Last edited by a moderator:
JB,

Very nice, and very touching. Just goes to show what a stand up guy DB is. Any way you can get in touch with David to find out how we can send some stuff to Elijah? I'm sure he'd love to get letters and cards from everyone, even if we're not David Blaine. ;)

Thanks!
Steve

Sep 11, 2007
To me, this is the most important picture in magic. I honestly teared up when I opened the thumbnail. These negative trash talking forums and arguments about better versions of this move or that move are absolutely POINTLESS when you see an image like this. Do all of you remember why we got involved into magic in the first place? If not, then this photo should help. Just look at it; Elijah is holding The Trilogy DVDs, surrounded by decks of cards given by the most famous performer of our art, and, most importantly, he is smiling about it. What does that tell you? Save this image on your desktop and look at it frequently as I'm going to do right now...

Thank you for posting this, Jonathan!

touching, actually let a tear on this! this is what should happen more often, this is why i do magic: to see people having a good time, and sharing our passion.

if elijah is a t11 member, and reads this: keep it up! go for it, perform, pratice! bring people the message DB gave you ;)
cheers,
aron

Jan 13, 2008
That is truly a wonderful sight. That picture pretty much sums up why we do magic...to bring a smile to the face of those around us. Definitely a touching story and picture. Thank you for sharing, JB. And thank you to David Blaine for being such a stand-up guy...he's definitely a worthy idol. :)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Thanks for posting this JB.

As we can tell David Blaine did this out of the kindness of his heart. This is why I like David, he did this without any news reporters or tv cameras. Were probably the only people who will see how great of a guy he really is.

He really does have the heart of a "Lion".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results