Does the name sells the trick?

Dec 6, 2009
I dont want to be rude or something and I may be wrong on this but does the name of a magician that sells the product no matter how lame the trick is?

I mean, I always saw this thing happen where a legendary or a big name in the magic world create a lame or not powerful trick,i mean the reaction for the trick is just like meh....i saw the comment for the trick like "I would totally buy this,when are you gonna sell this,this is the trick of the year,are you a wizard and blah,blah....."

but when an undiscovered magician or youtube magician perhaps create something that is interesting or a powerful trick....the comment all are "nice trick but i will not buy it or more to crictism (of the trick not the skill)....why?

just want to hear your oppinion on this....

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I believe it is a two way street of course the big names like Houchin and Garcia will always sell due to their name. However they got their name by releasing very good quality products. Look at Jerome Finley and his ebooks that go for 300 - 500 dollars each. I believe that only 5 or so people on these forums know who he is, however they would all say that his thinking is second to none and anything he puts out is instantly gold. If you are a new magician the best idea is get some of the to sign off on your ideas and go from there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results