Producers: Beautiful Mind Magic

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Retail Price: $29.95 USD

Learning Difficulty: Moderate

Notes: Online Video Instruction

Includes:

• Gimmicks, and things needed to make the gimmick
  • Online access to a password protected instructional video

Indigo looks a lot like a playing card version of the Fair Play effect. You perform a card trick having four cards selected, between four different spectators, and when you turn over the prediction card you’ve correctly identified who will end up with what. Off the cuff this looks like a pretty neat little trick but dear god is learning it a challenge. The creator (Omni Ved) rambles on and on trying to teach you all about the gimmick and how to set it up. I have no clue how long the instructional video is. I shut it off after sitting through 17 minutes of him droning on about cutting this and sticking that. I get that English may not be his first language but who ever produced this product should have had the common since in the editing room to say “Jesus fellas… this looks like shit. Did you follow any of that? No? Quickly call up one of our magicians we have on retainer and let’s have someone who has some presentational skills teach this thing instead. Reshoot? Reshoot. Done.” And that should have been the end of it. Instead I’ve got two videos, one presentation one instructional, that I can barely sit through because Omni is boring as hell to listen to and a gimmick that as far as I can tell works kind of like the Fair Play gimmick but lower tech and somehow, and I’m still trying to work out how, more temperamental. Folks I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: YOUR PRODUCT CAN BE THE MOST AMAZING THING IN THE UNIVERSE, BUT IF I CAN’T LEARN HOW TO PERFORM IT THEN IT’S AS GOOD AS A STEAMING PILE OF DOG CRAP!

This product fails.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 2

Is it a good magic trick? I’m not sure. I couldn’t find the motivation to sit through the tutorial long enough to find out.

Teaching Quality: 1

The tutorial sucks. I’d rather have two rabid badgers duct taped to my ball sack and dipped into a hive of angry Japanese giant hornets than try to sit through this tutorial again and attempt to make heads or tails out of it.

Video & Sound Quality: 4

Adding to the crappy teaching quality is a almost “home grown” approach to the video and sound. It’s a single static shot and it feels very much like it was made in someone’s basement.

Overall Quality: 2

Save yourself the time and money. If this product is actually good then they did a crappy job trying to show it in the tutorial section. And it doesn’t matter how great a trick is, if you can’t figure out how to perform it then why buy it?

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results