DVD Project

Jul 6, 2008
I would contact theory11 instead and start out by having them sell your flourishes, after all if they can get n00bs to pay $5 for a joel paschall flourish then you are probably worth $10 at least! then release a DVD after your name is more popular and itll sell.

Thanks man :) That'S a really good idea - if you want you can do this, but I think I do it like I did it before

Warm regards,
Thomas

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Thomas, a question, which may or may not be rhetorical - you don't have to answer. Why are you here? What do you hope to gain from posting this topic and your teaser topic? Do you simply want to spread the word? Are you looking for advice?

I was just thinking that this hasn't been very clear to me personally.

Peace

Jul 6, 2008
Thomas, a question, which may or may not be rhetorical - you don't have to answer. Why are you here? What do you hope to gain from posting this topic and your teaser topic? Do you simply want to spread the word? Are you looking for advice?

I was just thinking that this hasn't been very clear to me personally.

Peace

Well, I don't really like answering those kind of questions, honsetly I don't lke to answer any questions more, but I will answer it. I just want to talk with someone about flourishes and card magic, cause there's no one in my town who does also Cardistry/Magic. That's the main reason. After creating some stuff, I came up with the idea to make a DVD. SO I just started to film with my friends. And I thought why shouldn't I post is in the forum, maybe it interests the cosumers. But as I said, I'm here to talk about Magic and Flourishing.

Peace :)

Well, I don't really like answering those kind of questions, honsetly I don't lke to answer any questions more, but I will answer it. I just want to talk with someone about flourishes and card magic, cause there's no one in my town who does also Cardistry/Magic. That's the main reason. After creating some stuff, I came up with the idea to make a DVD. SO I just started to film with my friends. And I thought why shouldn't I post is in the forum, maybe it interests the cosumers. But as I said, I'm here to talk about Magic and Flourishing.

Peace :)

Apparently, you haven't shown any out-of-the-ordinary skills or highly creative original material; which is what people expect from a DVD today.

So let me get this straight. You are making a DVD. You want to sell it. Yet you don't like to answer any questions implying that you probably aren't ready for a DVD?
good luck.....

Well, to be honest with you, Thomas. Making statements like those is a huge tell that you are insecure. Very much so. Insecurity; when caused due to questioning about a project that you were initially pretty hyped over and proud of; is a clear tell that you yourself have doubts as to which this will work or just be a flop.

You'd be way better of making internet performance videos and maybe some tutorials for now, and wait until you are ready for an actual product. I know of quite a few people who decided to release something when they maybe weren't ready for it; and have regretted it ever since, and it's basically become a big dent in their reputation.

Allan.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I agree with allan on this. As well as some other guys in the thread, When you're good enough to release a DVD people will email you.

Unfortunately I can't see your videos right now as Youtube doesn't want to work for me, however from what's been implied by people that know what they're talking about as far as material goes, (i.e. Allan and tmF) I can guess what the video's are like. I'll still check them out none the less later though :)

There's nothing wrong with wanting to promote yourself and any material you've created or whatever, but when it comes to putting together a product to put to market you enter a whole other domain.

There are so many products being released, DVDs and Ebooks/video downloads especially, made by people that SHOULD NOT be making them. These often contain material that has been done many times before, stuff that looks bad and stuff with impractical or methods that don't even work!

You're much better off getting your name around a bit first and seeing what stuff magicians like, do some flourish tut's perhaps, just spread the word. Don't just jump to market as unless its something REALLY good, I mean that LOOKS great from trailers and sounds like a VERY worthwhile purchase people just won't buy it.

Plus if it isn't very good you'll have really hurt your name. it's hard to get that outta people's heads, if you release one rubbish product followed by 3 great ones, it's probably going to take till the 3rd for people to even bother looking again.

Magician's are VERY picky. Be careful with what you do when you ease your way into the industry, it's not an easy one.

Hope that helps, if you still feel that you REALLY do have something NEW and EXCITING to share with the magic community, that people REALLY will pay money for, then I really do wish you the best of luck and hope everything turns out GREAT!:)

D.

Jul 6, 2008
Thanks Allan and also Christopher,
I really thought about you comments and you're completly right. I think I wait a bit until I produce a DVD, creating some material, thanks.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
Yeah, I've thought of making a DVD many times... I sucked -I still do. After all, I'm only at my first year... -_-

I don't plan on making any DVD's in the future.
It's just a hobby for me =)

-Eugene

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results