Aug 15, 2017
So...I will say a few things...
First off, the important stuff
YOU WERE GREAT!!!

Second, since this is a performance only, I feel the camera is not placed in a very suitable angle.
Third, the ONLY slightly-big problem (?) is in the third king's appearance. Maybe you can switch the angle and re-upload it? It will definitely be better!
Fourth, I LOVED the subtility you added in the appearance of the fourth king. I absolutely LOVED it. Because most would have pushed the king down and flush with the deck, giving the impression that a secret move was done.
Fifth, how about you make the presentation a little bit more striking than it is currently? Like, more energetic performance? Also, get a little slow.

It is always a gutsy thing to record yourself and throw yourself out online, where people can get really mean. Once this courageous decision is made, other things mostly fall in place.

Nice deck btw.

Oct 13, 2017
Croatia
www.youtube.com
thank you for realy nice comment. I am getting money for a new camera.
What ange do you suggest (little bit in front and lower?)
I am new to this , its still weird to talk to the camera but i am getting use to it.

Aug 15, 2017
thank you for realy nice comment. I am getting money for a new camera.
What ange do you suggest (little bit in front and lower?)
I am new to this , its still weird to talk to the camera but i am getting use to it.
You will know your angles better!
:)
But, ever checked out performances by Asad at 52kards before he gives the tutorial? Some of them are shot at the perfect angle at front. Don't remember exactly which one, but I guess his vid titled 'Amazing Jumping Card' had a great angle for performance. Don't remember too well tho (Sorry)
Am sure your PROBLEM is as you mentioned, getting used to it.
And I repeat what I said, it takes a lot of guts to make yourself vulnerable to criticism and exposs your weaknesses. But that step is essential in the path to greatness. And once you take that step...you are in for a cool ride!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I am open to constructive criticism.

When losing the cards at 0:21 I like to be a bit more cavalier about it. If I break down my approach:

1. Out jog the 4 cards.
2. Fan them so it is clear they are in different places.
3. Square the fan with the backs to the audience
4. As you rotate the deck face up execute the block displacement.

This helps to make the displacement a bit more fluid. If you don't like it than I'd just work on making it a bit more smooth.

Also, you don't need the riffle shuffle. It's fine, but your audience already saw you lose the cards convincingly and Hindu shuffle. A better option might be to subtly "prove" that the cards aren't in an obvious place like the top or bottom. You can show the bottom stock of the deck very casually here if you'd like, they get the idea that the deck isn't in any order and it gives you a little time in between losing the cards and finding them.

While I'm on that, why produce the cards, only to lose them then to find them again. I'm missing the context. You could start with a few shuffles then find them from a shuffled deck. You don't have to lose them first.

The best versions of this type of trick have a reason for each production. Your first production is the best but I'm not sure what is supposed to be happening. What is the trick supposed to demonstrate? How you can change any cards into other cards? How you have control over the deck? How you can call the cards out at will?

When you get specific you will see your magic get a ton better. Focus is key.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results