E Blue Master's Sale?

Sep 22, 2007
Hey i am not able to post on the E forums so im asking here when i put them in my cart i see the same price. I don't understand! Last night it said starting today now it says Thursday if im wrong sorry i just don't get it

May 10, 2008
Is it posssible you accidently bought 6? I almost did the same thing last nite so you mite wanna check the receipt.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I have a feeling E will not be coming out with anything new for awhile/ever.
New customers are going there from their commercial, and leaving us out to dry. I guess they figure that their new customers will be buying out everything there, like we once did.
Plus they don't have many artists anymore to create effects for them.

I think making a "promo" in the newsletter, their just trying to make like their still up and running.
I saddens me. . .

But on the bright side, we have this place that comes out with a new trick, or "speculation" of a new trick coming out almost every month or so(or less than a month), also with not so much "hype".

:)
That makes me happy!

Sep 1, 2007
But on the bright side, we have this place that comes out with a new trick, or "speculation" of a new trick coming out almost every month or so(or less than a month), also with not so much "hype".

Jay Sankey used to do the same thing. Didn't work out so great.

Signed,
Devil's Advocate

Has it ever occurred to any of you that threads like this almost always end in disaster? Am I the only one other than the moderators who is cognizant of this?

Dec 17, 2007
Canada

Signed,
Devil's Advocate

Has it ever occurred to any of you that threads like this almost always end in disaster? Am I the only one other than the moderators who is cognizant of this?

But it usually isn't the first post that starts it at this site you can't even think about E and not because of the mods but because of the members. Like John Lennon said Give Peace A Chance.

-Michael

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York

Signed,
Devil's Advocate

Jay Sankey was never one my favorite magicians to begin with. Maybe it was his personality that drove away his customers.
Or maybe that's what drove them in, who knows?
Your not actually comparing him to the artists here now are you?

Sep 1, 2007
Jay Sankey was never one my favorite magicians to begin with. Maybe it was his personality that drove away his customers.
Or maybe that's what drove them in, who knows?
Your not actually comparing him to the artists here now are you?

My point is that Jay started out with some revolutionary material all released around the same time. He was a fountain of creativity. The problem was that he fell into a rut and started producing tricks just to release them.

This is a guy who says in Anytime, Anywhere that more and more he comes to rely on using borrowed objects in his working routines. He also heavily uses utilitarian gimmicks such as thumb tips, the invisible deck, and the hundred dollar bill switch. Yet look at his products. Do you really think he uses effects like XL, In a Flash, and Snowstorm in his working routines?

Sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice quantity if you want quality.

Theory-11 are producing a lot of material because they're still a young company and need to establish themselves. But there will come a time in the near future when they too will slow down and churn out less material so that the quality does not drop off. If you think for an instant that's not going to happen, say hello to the unicorns and pixies in Dreamland for me.

D

Deleted member 2755

My point is that Jay started out with some revolutionary material all released around the same time. He was a fountain of creativity. The problem was that he fell into a rut and started producing tricks just to release them.

This is a guy who says in Anytime, Anywhere that more and more he comes to rely on using borrowed objects in his working routines. He also heavily uses utilitarian gimmicks such as thumb tips, the invisible deck, and the hundred dollar bill switch. Yet look at his products. Do you really think he uses effects like XL, In a Flash, and Snowstorm in his working routines?

Sometimes you have to be willing to sacrifice quantity if you want quality.

Theory-11 are producing a lot of material because they're still a young company and need to establish themselves. But there will come a time in the near future when they too will slow down and churn out less material so that the quality does not drop off. If you think for an instant that's not going to happen, say hello to the unicorns and pixies in Dreamland for me.

C'mon guys, let's not start another argument about websites. Let's leave that for the playgrounds outside.I do to agree that Sankey pumps out DVDs like pez candy. :D (Like the metaphor? I do :D) Quite a few of his DVDs are good though. You just have to look around.

Yes, Theory 11 is young, but unlike Ellusionist (THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT AGAINST E! IT IS A POINT! Please don't criticize me for it!) Theory 11 allows talk of other products from their own. E does it their way, T11 does it their way. So I don't think that T11 needs to pump out DVDs as much because people will come here anyway simply for the forum. Plus, they release a new 1 on 1 video every Friday. So it doesn't really matter how fast or slow they release DVDs. I am also curious though if/when E will release another DVD.
-----------------------------

ANYWAY! Something on topic.... I quite frankly don't care about the Masters sale. I'll stick to my Bicycles thank you very much :D

-Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Yes, Theory 11 is young, but unlike Ellusionist (THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT AGAINST E! IT IS A POINT! Please don't criticize me for it!) Theory 11 allows talk of other products from their own.

Actually, yes they do. They just don't allow reviews of other website's products.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Yes, Theory 11 is young, but unlike Ellusionist, Theory 11 allows talk of other products from their own. E does it their way, T11 does it their way. So I don't think that T11 needs to pump out DVDs as much because people will come here anyway simply for the forum.

Forum policies differ from actual business policies. E and T11 are the ones shelling out the dough for these ones and zeroes we all love; they have the right to say how they are used. Because there are no ads on the forums (aside from posts about new products), neither company makes enough to break even from their forums.

Additionally, E has had their forums for many more years than T11, meaning they have evolved over time. At one time, it was perfectly OK to talk about other company's products on E... Who's to say T11 won't go through similar phases?

ANYWAY... long way of saying simply this: Let's not judge a company based on their forum policies alone. But, if you are going to compare forums, E's is still very active and getting new members all the time. Even with the limitations, people still want to be there.

D

Deleted member 2755

Forum policies differ from actual business policies. E and T11 are the ones shelling out the dough for these ones and zeroes we all love; they have the right to say how they are used. Because there are no ads on the forums (aside from posts about new products), neither company makes enough to break even from their forums.

Additionally, E has had their forums for many more years than T11, meaning they have evolved over time. At one time, it was perfectly OK to talk about other company's products on E... Who's to say T11 won't go through similar phases?

ANYWAY... long way of saying simply this: Let's not judge a company based on their forum policies alone. But, if you are going to compare forums, E's is still very active and getting new members all the time. Even with the limitations, people still want to be there.

Your first paragraph is true I guess. You make a good point. As for your 2nd paragraph, I have not witnessed the growth of their forum so I cannot comment. I suppose it is possible that they will go through similar phases, but I can't see that happening. As for your 3rd paragraph, I wasn't judging E at all from their forums.:rolleyes: When did I ever say I hate E because of their forums? I still will buy from E. I look at them pretty much the same way I look at T11. (I just like T11's forum better. That's all.)

Actually, yes they do. They just don't allow reviews of other website's products.

I misread the rules. Your right on that. However, some mods over at E need a new lesson at moderating because I have made posts there in the past about different products other than E's only to have it deleted and have a moderator PM me and tell me to look at the rules. I can't really give you a specific example now because it's been a long time since I've posted there. Also, not being allowed to name other magic websites on E I think is kind of ridiculous. However, that's just my opinion.

Steerpike, we are all entitled to our opinions. Everyone on the forum here understands E's rules. I'm sure most of the people on E's forums understand the way things run at T11. On T11's forum, you are going to find people who like T11's forum better. At E, you will find people who like E's forum better. It is just a preference. So let's please not do this... I'm not going to respond to any off topic post again in this thread because I'm sick of any posts associated with E turning into bashing back and forth about which company is better...

-Doug

May 7, 2008
One thing to look at between the two companies is how the artists/creators play a role in the company. T11 seems to have their artists vested in the success of T11 whereas E seemed to license effects, etc from the artists.

There's little to keep an artist allied to one company if they don't have an interest in helping that particular company succeed.

Sep 1, 2007
I misread the rules. Your right on that. However, some mods over at E need a new lesson at moderating because I have made posts there in the past about different products other than E's only to have it deleted and have a moderator PM me and tell me to look at the rules.

Mistakes were made. We're actively working on creating a more inviting atmosphere while still running a tight ship.

Also, not being allowed to name other magic websites on E I think is kind of ridiculous. However, that's just my opinion.

For the sake of devil's advocate, if you really hated somebody... would you want guests to talk about them in your house?

Steerpike, we are all entitled to our opinions. Everyone on the forum here understands E's rules. I'm sure most of the people on E's forums understand the way things run at T11.

To be perfectly honest, I think most of the people in cyberspace, here included, don't understand any rules that aren't convenient enough for them. Which partly explains why moderators exist.

That said, this isn't so much about letting people have their opinions. The idea that I'm trying to change the opinions of the masses implies their minds are worth changing. What I dislike is the way they're expressed. The anonymity of the internet gives cowards a faux backbone.

As you say, these threads turn into bashfests. Mostly because even after more reasonable people have pointed out the stupidity of the whole thing, someone reads the first post, then types out a rant complete with personal attacks toward any other post he may have glimpsed.

come on guys. Youve completely transformed this thread from about the blue masters deck to a fude about two very respectable magic websites. Please dont morph threads. If you want to discuss something like what you have been in the last few replies, then simply open up your own thread. Its not that hard. Stick to the point and well all be moving smoothly along.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results