Election or Blind?

May 3, 2008
I have a few dollars to spend and love these coincidence effects so I was considering either buying Blind or Election. I can't decide which. Any input would be great. Also, which one is more clean with less setup?

Sep 1, 2007
get eric ross's election. Should of been in the contention for trick of the year last year. An unbeleivable trick, self-working, killer.

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
If your only considering Election and Blind, Blind is much stronger. They both have similar amounts of set-up that you wont want to do in front of a spectator. Election ends very clean while Blind leaves you somewhat dirty. If you have some knowledge about cards you will be able to clean up right under the spectators noses without them noticing. Blind is much better in my opinion.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Stop. Don't buy anything without good solid reason, you'll only be disappointed and do yourself a disservice.

It's not just a decision to make like which boxers to wear today. This is a decision you need to sit down and look at seriously and think about it.

Ultimately, my favourite question to help (note: not solve) a problem like this is:

Which can I see myself performing and entertaining people with the most?

This is what it comes down to, you. We can't make a decision for you see, I personally would rather choose Election... why? Simple, because I have a performing persona and style (though that's a touchy area) that would complement it and work with it to make it not just a coincidizzle effect. Do I think Blind is a bad effect? Nope, not at all... quite the contrary actually, I think it's a very strong effect; I just don't think that I could do the effect justice and give it what it needs which is a really strong presentation, I could talk more about why I wouldn't choose it but that'd be detracting from why I'm posting this. :p

The point I'm getting at is, what might be awesome for me... might not be awesome for you. When you ask a question like this, you're not gonna get your answer, you're gonna get the answer of 50 million other people. You need to ask yourself this and take into consideration other peoples reviews from all over the place. (Outside Theory11... don't worry it's not as scary as you might think)

Don't worry about everything else, ending clean or less set-up** is a nice bonus but shouldn't be one of your main concerns unless there's a specific situation you're performing in that would neccessitate such features as these (I'm including instant reset in this too). Hope I'm making sense and that this post helped you a little :) If you want to talk more feel free to PM me.

- Sean

**For anyone interested in setting up Election in front of the spectators with a borrowed deck shoot me a PM and I'll share the way I do it with you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Thanks a lot guys for all the input. I watched Eric Ross' Election a few times and figured it out and performed it and it's really cool. Then, I decided to buy Blind and I really like it because it's very impossible, simple, and once you know the secret you can do it. And I figured out how to clean it up easily. Thanks again.

I have a few dollars to spend and love these coincidence effects so I was considering either buying Blind or Election. I can't decide which. Any input would be great. Also, which one is more clean with less setup?

I have both, and i think that blind is the better way to go, a lot less set up... and it is easy to do, and i have gotten some pretty great reactions with it.

Cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results