Ellusionist - Losing Touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2007
This thread needs to be closed.

We have gone way over the line, ad instead of addressing the initial point of this thread, we have started attacking others on this forum.

I am not going to bother thinking of metaphors and other sentences with hidden meanings.

I feel that I owe Steerpike an apology-
Sorry for personally attacking you.

This thread needs to be closed.

We have gone way over the line, ad instead of addressing the initial point of this thread, we have started attacking others on this forum.

I am not going to bother thinking of metaphors and other sentences with hidden meanings.

I feel that I owe Steerpike an apology-
Sorry for personally attacking you.

Why can't everybody be like you?

I don't want to get in the battle going on ( I have college to attend and sleights to practice ), but I would like to say this.

Brad Christian taught the effect really well. For those intrested, The last trick ( where you say you'd turn the card over ) is credited to Jean Hugard, which I think the presentation is his. Source

I think what will solve the problem is putting distenct parameters of something, if its exposure or teaching.

Dec 14, 2007
No. You still have taken time to actually look for what you need or have taken time to get a card. Not exposure.

Personally, I do not think that books in libraries constitute exposure. However, your original post stated the requirement that one pay for the DVD or book they learned from. That was my question about your position.

So paying is not a requisite - but effort.

Unfortunately, by that standard, seeking out a web page would clear this issue, but I think many of us disagree with that.

So, what seems to be the problem with the way we are looking at this. There is one simple aspect which is overlooked and makes the definition of exposure clear (or at least clearer, to me.)

Any one want to suggest some possibilities?

B

Dec 14, 2007
Artists in general have a strong selfish side and don't want the laity to join their ranks. You see it all the time, and it's hard to avoid going through such a phase. It's like a high school cafeteria where everyone breaks off into their own little cliques and are reluctant to allow anyone else to share their unofficially designated tables.

Can you give an example of this in our world specifically, or is this just something you believe based on your own feelings?

B

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Can you give an example of this in our world specifically, or is this just something you believe based on your own feelings?

B

This is fun.

Look at any professional organization. At jobs, ever notice how people break off into their own social groups?

Scholarships, theres another. You have to fit the profile in order to even be eligible.

This is the same thing, we just accept it as being okay.

-ThrallMind

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Guys,

I do not think that I need to explain in great detail why this thread was closed. Between the name-calling, and never-ending debate over who is right and who is wrong, the thread has dwindled into yet another debate. People have different opinions on things such as Ellusionist, and each and every person is entitled to said opinion; however, when people resort to childish arguments over who is right, and who isn't, then that is not ok.

From now on, let's all try to be more respectful with our posts, especially when debating someone else.

TDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results