Escape Magic

Oct 16, 2017
Hey, i was wondering if anyone knew of some good books dedicated to escape magic? Ive alredy learned the basics with handcuffs and the like but i wanted to know the best corse of action to continue learning.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
There really aren't many books on escapology. The older ones that were printed back around Houdini's time were full of inaccurate information (probably on purpose).

Your best bet is to find someone who can teach you. It also depends on what you're trying to learn, specifically. A lot of it is just the application of genuine skills, done in a fashion that is hopefully entertaining. That's the much more difficult aspect of it. I can teach someone how to escape a strait jacket in no time - but it can take years to make escaping a strait jacket interesting.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
On Mar 21, 2002, Joe Marotta wrote:
Novak's books are a very good place to start. They cover a variety of items and ideas that you will have lots of fun trying out.

Here is a partial list from my escape library that may be helpful to you:

Norman Bigelow's Course in Escape Artistry
Norman Bigelow's The Cord
John Novak's The Art of Escape Vol 1-8
John McLaury's Encyclopedia of Escapes and the recent remake of it called Micky Hades' New Expanded Encyclopedia of Escapes
David DeVal's Lock Picking Part 1&2 and
The Escapology Secrets of David DeVal
UF Grant's Rope, Chain & Box Escapes
Burling Hull's 33 Rope Ties & Chain Releases

Can anyone add anything else? I just remembered that Steve Santini has one or two books out as well.
H
Joe Marotta

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=1496&forum=18

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results