Ever met David Copperfield... have any stories to share?

Nov 25, 2007
This post has been edited due to the amazing responses and assistance I have received here... you guys are awesome! Cheers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 3, 2008
I went to see him and he was throwing the big balls around to catch so you could participate (shut up) and I caught one, but I was too young :(

I went to see him and he was throwing the big balls around to catch so you could participate (shut up) and I caught one, but I was too young :(

I went to his show in Japan and I got one of the big balls and got to participate in the vanishing trick with 11 other people. So I got to shake his hand going up on stage; we all got to meet him backstage after the show and got a signed program.

May 24, 2008
i saw his show about a year and a half back, thats what got me into magic. it was unbelievable

May 9, 2008
Hey I have a pretty good story about an awesome experience I had with David Copperfield.

I saw his show in minneapolis mn a few years ago at the Historic Orpheum theater. The girl I was dating at the time and myself and 2nd level seats, however where the stairs started to climb up to the second level, one of David's reps/managers stopped us and asked us if we wanted closer seats, and that they needed to fill up some of the VIP seating up front so it wouldn't look empty. We got front row and center seating! It was the most amazing experience. To have a famous magician like David Copperfield performing right in front of you, actually looking into your eyes and speaking directly to you several times throughout the show... it was, forgive the pun.... magical. When he walked off the stage to join the audience he walked right past me. This is really dorky, but I actually have touched David Copperfield as his leg brushed against mine while he walked by. You'd think this 27 year old male was actually a 16 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I enjoyed this, and thought it was awesome I had the chance for it, so I'll share it with you all.

From a certain organization, I was flown out to Vegas to meet David when I was 11. I was able to enjoy his show, and afterwards was able to go backstage and meet him. Got a few things signed, got a pic with him, and went on my way.

A year or so later his show came to town, so I bought tickets to go. My seats weren't that great, but the show is always amazing so it was cool. Before the show started, however, one of the stage hands came up and told me David wanted me in the pit, and to stay after the show. The pit is apparently a section of folding chairs in front of the front row. During the show when he was being sawed in half, he stopped midway during it, looked at me and smiled, then went back to his look of agony.

Afterwards, I was able to meet him a second time.

All in all, the fact that he heard I was coming to his show and remembered me was pretty freakin' cool.

I still have the pins and Taz hat he signed sitting on my dresser nearly 12 years later, and the Tales of the Impossible book on my shelf. You all should give them both a read if you haven't.

-ThrallMind

May 31, 2008
Hey I have a pretty good story about an awesome experience I had with David Copperfield.

I saw his show in minneapolis mn a few years ago at the Historic Orpheum theater. The girl I was dating at the time and myself and 2nd level seats, however where the stairs started to climb up to the second level, one of David's reps/managers stopped us and asked us if we wanted closer seats, and that they needed to fill up some of the VIP seating up front so it wouldn't look empty. We got front row and center seating! It was the most amazing experience. To have a famous magician like David Copperfield performing right in front of you, actually looking into your eyes and speaking directly to you several times throughout the show... it was, forgive the pun.... magical. When he walked off the stage to join the audience he walked right past me. This is really dorky, but I actually have touched David Copperfield as his leg brushed against mine while he walked by. You'd think this 27 year old male was actually a 16 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert.

I high-fived Criss Angel once. Not nearly as exciting, but his hand were very soft. :rolleyes:

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
We saw Bruno with him the other night.

I didn't think it was funny, but David and Chris thought some parts were.

That's all my DC moments worth sharing for this week.

Katie

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results