Everyone Please see this!!!

it could DEFINITELY be the cards you are using. Do not bother buying any special decks off of T11 or Ellusionist. Just buy some regular bicycle Rider Backs off of here. You might find some in India, just make sure they aren't a cheap knockoff.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Hi Guys……..
What’s up?

As advised by all of you, I am going to start with The Royal Road To Card Magic. I read its review on net and it seems to be a very – very good book for beginner and Jason England has also highly recommended it for beginners in his video What To Read. I am feeling very happy and enthusiast now, Thanks to all of you for this.

But till I receive my copy of the book I decided to continue with Classic color Change – still I can’t do this. I am facing same problems as described in my very first post. I thought it may be because of those cheap cards I am using here. I decided to start my journey to Royal Road To Card Magic with NEW. I saw a variety of cards here on Theory11. What cards will be good for me as I am a newbie? What cards will you advise me to start with?

Waiting for your replies!!!

As the others suggested, Buy Bicycle Rider backs / Standards. Buy 12 decks or so...they should last you for a while.

- Jenai

Sep 13, 2010
Faridabad
Remember it's not the cards that make the magic, it's you.

Right vipermagic - it's not the cards that make the magic, it's you. I do believe on this and definitely I will adhere this.

I was not asking for good looking cards for perfoemance, I was only thinking that I should start with Quality decks. I was having problems in doing some specified moves in Classic Color Change(which I have described already). I thought it is because of the quality of those playing cards I am using. That's why I wnated to START Learning & Practicing with quality which may help me in learning & doing move easily than before. I was not talking about what designe people like in performance. Definitely thare will be some difference in the quality of those cheaps decks which I get only for Rs.15 (0.33 US $ appx.) and those higher valued decks which I get for Rs.350(including tarrifs) in India, equal to 7.64 US $ appx. I thought they might be charging high for the good quality. And yes I have never used those higher valued cards till now - from my childhood till now I have only seen those Rs. 15 (0.33 US $ appx.) decks.

They are inexpensive and last pretty long if you take care of them properly.

First they are not inexpensive for me because I will have to pay more than its original value which makes it more costly than the cards I am using right now. But that's Ok, at least I will get quality. OK, then how I gonna take care of those Bicycle Cards because I will never expect to loose those decks for which I have paid so much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 22, 2010
i'd recommend tally ho's because they break in easy and they're softer than other decks in my opinion. you also might want to see if your local library has any books on magic.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
First they are not inexpensive for me because I will have to pay more than its original value which makes it more costly than the cards I am using right now. But that's Ok, at least I will get quality. OK, then how I gonna take care of those Bicycle Cards because I will never expect to loose those decks for which I have paid so much?

You should buy in bulk from a website. I think it might work out cheaper that way. If you don't want to lose them, its simple, just keep them in the card box at all times and have a specific shelf/cupboard for them.

- Jenai

to take care of a bicycle deck:

- don't keep it in hot climates. They will warp from the heat and become mis-shapen. If you have them in your pocket for too long in the heat, they'll warp. To keep them from warping, go and get a joe porper card clip.

http://www.ellusionist.com/porper-card-clip.html

- Keep your hands clean. When your hands are dirty, or oily (after eating a roti), go wash them and then perform. When oils and dirts go on your hands, they become rougher, and less slippery.

- Try not to bend the cards. Obviously, bending cards ain't good for them. When you bend cards, it's going to be very hard to unbend it and keep it's original scructure.

- Don't drop your cards on the streets. If you are going to practice something where you will drop cards, go into your room where it's clean.

- Buy at least 12 decks. When you use your first few decks, you'll figure how far you can bend them without ''hurting'' the deck, you'll also figure out the limits of the decks.

Hope this helped!

Mehar

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results