Exile Extreme Tip!

Hi exile lovers,

I bet that many of you who bought exile don't perform it because of the final Xs. Without exposing too much, use pigment ink pad! Those that have exile will know what I am talking about and you guys will notice the change once you use it. Thanks to that idea I now perform exile with confidence and let just say you can prepare the you know what hours before you perform the effect.

Hope this helped,

The Illusionist

Sep 10, 2007
Brilliant idea! I think you got the idea for this from another recently released effect, right? Anyways, fantastic thinking and thanks for sharing that suggestion with us. It was disheartening to think that this effect was going to be added to the junk drawer for its impracticalities. Now you've given me hope. Thanks again!

Nov 8, 2007
With pigment ink, can the spectator verify the ink is dried on their hand the same way they can with the ink provided, or will it rub off more easily?

Good point. Pigment ink should rub off more easily. I guess it just varies between different spectator’s hands. If someone has dry hands it will not rub as easily as someone with sweaty hands. What I would suggest is just experiment with different ink pads and see what you discover.

If you think about it, it shouldn't matter because just the fact that the Xs disappeared and then reappeared is amazing.

I just don't get how T11 didn't think of that and done the experiments themselves, it would have saved a lot of trouble including causing T11 to change the certain product that came with exile.

-The Illusionist

If one of the mods will think this is exposure he will block this thread but until then I don't see it happening. This is not even close to being exposure and this thread will actually help a lot of people. It's there fault for not having a private forum for exile and releasing a product that still needed retouching!!!

-The Illusionist

Nov 8, 2007
If you think about it, it shouldn't matter because just the fact that the Xs disappeared and then reappeared is amazing.

The strength of the effect is the spectator knowing the ink was dried on their hand and that you didn't just wipte some wet ink off.

True, but that part only really matters at the beginning of the effect before you wipe the Xs, once they see that they can't wipe the Xs and then you make them disappeared just by slowly squeezing them they are amazed. They won't really care if they can manage to wipe the last Xs because if you think about it no one really wants to walk around with Xs on their hands for a few days.

Nov 8, 2007
True, but that part only really matters at the beginning of the effect before you wipe the Xs, once they see that they can't wipe the Xs and then you make them disappeared just by slowly squeezing them they are amazed. They won't really care if they can manage to wipe the last Xs because if you think about it no one really wants to walk around with Xs on their hands for a few days.

A few DAYS? Do most people you perform for not shower?

It absolutely makes a difference. If the Xs can't be wiped off in the beginning, why should they be able to be wiped off at the end? It's a transposition--there needs to be consistency.

Just try it out and see what you get, if you don't like the ink pad method don't use it, it is your choice. It worked for me and made everything much easier, and much more fair and impressive. I get amzing reactions from it and you won't know how good the ink pad method is until you experiment with it and try it.

The ink doesn't rub off easily, the whole point with pigment ink is that it will rub off eaisly with water and not with your hand which I think is good.

I thought this would be an idea that would help a lot of people so I shared it with you guys.

Again, you don't like it, don't use it.

-The Illusionist

Jan 18, 2009
Hmmm.... I had the idea for pigment ink also when I purchased that "trick" the OP is talking about. I was going to post about it but I had thought that when JB made a post awhile back about it that this is what he was talking about.

I personally believe that there is still a ink out there that is still better than the pigment and the one included with Exile. Pigment is great but not quite dry enough for me, they can still allow it to smudge a bit. When I find the perfect ink I will let everyone know.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results