Facade (magic mask 2.0) questions

Sep 12, 2016
Pittsfield, MA
Jack, make sure ZOOM is 100% up to date! If so, click the little carrot left to the camera button (lower left) and chose "OBS Virtual Camera" and your camera input.

Dec 14, 2017
Jack, make sure ZOOM is 100% up to date! If so, click the little carrot left to the camera button (lower left) and chose "OBS Virtual Camera" and your camera input.

I did that. Whether I choose "OBS virtual camera" or my webcam directly I only either get no picture or one that doesn't include the mask.

Dec 14, 2017
Hi all, just to let you know that Joe at turnermagic was kind enough to spend some time with me on Zoom, and he's sorted out my problem, which was basically that I was having Zoom active before fully setting my OBS scene, so Zoom couldn't get hold of the virtual camera. Thanks again, Joe, you're a star!

Dec 14, 2017
I must add that the instructional video you get when you buy Facade is not so great. It assumes a level of understanding about video editing technology that many folks just won't have. It is never explained what a "scene" is. What a "filter" is. What a "source" is. Make no mistake: if you can understand this technology, then the effects you can do with it are absolutely terrific... but if you're a casual internet user with no particular knowledge of video content creation? Then this is not easy at all.

Jan 15, 2021
Yep! Right click your source and click "filters". In your filters pop up, click magic mask. You can adjust left, right, up, and down. Just move it left and up so it covers one corner. (Or where ever you need your facade to be.)
Nope. That LEAVES one corner unmasked, but does not mask only a corner. So far, I have found no way to mask only a corner.

ThomasB11434

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hello everyone ! I hope someone can help me because i'm kind of desperet ahah . I manage to install the plugin but when i activate it on OBS it just freezes all scene , whatever i do the whole scene is freeze like the mask is taking the whole scene even tho i trie to move the mask just on a side of the scene. If someone knows how to fix this , it would be very thanksfull !

Mar 3, 2022
Hey, I have just tried to install magic mask, but when I open OBS it is not showing in my filters? Any ideas? (I'm using a Mac and it says install successful)

Reactions: RileyL
Mar 3, 2022
Struggling to get it to work. when i go to filters in OBS, Magic Mask is not in the drop down menu

Hi Mate, I had this too and solved it for myself this morning. It doesn't work with the latest version of OBS. I used this link to downgrade my OBS and it worked.

Feb 10, 2015
Can we expect an arm64 update for the Façade 2.0 plugin that works with the latest version of OBS (28)? I know it works in OBS 27 but downgrading is not an option for me, as it overcooks my CPU (M1 Mac Mini 16GB). Thanks in advance for any info.

Nov 7, 2013
Hello!!
I bought Facade a while ago. Everything worked well. But I tried to use it this week and it doesn't work. Magic Mask no longer appears in my filter choices. I installed the new version of OBS 28.1.2 with the new plug in, then donwload again Facade 2.0. I restarted the computer several times. But magic Mask still does not appear in the choice of filters. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Mar 8, 2022
Can we expect an arm64 update for the Façade 2.0 plugin that works with the latest version of OBS (28)? I know it works in OBS 27 but downgrading is not an option for me, as it overcooks my CPU (M1 Mac Mini 16GB). Thanks in advance for any info.
did you get this worked out

Dec 2, 2021
Is anyone having issues getting Facade Magic Mask 2 working with OBS Studio 29.0.2 on a Mac with Apple M2?

YES!

I just spent 1-1/2 hours working this out. Magic Mask 2 does not seem to work on any OBS version after 27. I removed my version 29 from my computer and downloaded via the link on this Forum Topic. When I reverted to OBS v 27, all was fine.

Online shows are still a thing with all the WFH still in place post-pandemic, so it would be worth supporting this. I'm sure Zoom will not support OBS v27 forever. If Theory 11 is still selling this, they should really provide updated Magic Mask plugins and tutorials for relevant OBS versions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results