Fallen Review

Sep 1, 2007
You're pretty "adorable" yourself. DID I ever comment on the VIDEO PRODUCTION? I was talking about the effect itself. This is a great rising effect, but it is too simple... I mean look at ARM and Elevator, they are in my opinion BETTER visual rising moves and they are not sold in a single trick but in a book/DVD with other effects.

You said it wasn't worth the price.

I say until you actually buy it and know what went into producing that product, you're just blowing smoke.

It is MY OPINION.

Opinions are only as good as what you back them up with.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
You said it wasn't worth the price.

I say until you actually buy it and know what went into producing that product, you're just blowing smoke.

Opinions are only as good as what you back them up with.
Wow did you even read my post correctly? I am talking about the EFFECT ITSELF. I'm not talking about how they produced the video or how they got to it in a download file or DVD...

Opinions are opinions. I can say that this food taste awful, but YOU can say it taste great. You don't need to back them up, but in this case I DID.

Sep 1, 2007
Opinions are opinions. I can say that this food taste awful, but YOU can say it taste great. You don't need to back them up, but in this case I DID.

Apples and oranges.

You claim to have figured out Fallen, and thus you don't need to actually see the teaching material to pass judgment on it.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

There's no need for the disrespectful, back-and-forth bashing and arguing displayed in this thread. There are rules that need to be adhered to, (and I shouldn't have to keep an eye on some members, continuously editing their posts).

Therefore, let's take a step back, readjust our attitudes and hostilities, and get back to the review.

Thanks,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Just got the download this afternoon with enough time to watch it once and try it once before I went to work.
I like the simplicity of the trick. The angles are great. And so is the effect itself. The ending is a little knacky and I think it has the danger of appearing suspicious to an audience unless you have built a good trust with them. I love that the trick is impromptu and can be done with a borrowed deck. That to me is enough to forgive the "awkwardness" of the end sleight.
Daniel does a great job teaching the method and gives a couple great tips. Over all I give it a 4/5.
I wanna find a way to clean up the ending even more without changing the position of the deck. Although if Daniel hasn't figured it out yet it's gonna be one fun challenge for me.

Cheers!

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Fallen

I was going to but right before i said to myself its impromptu, i can do this. In the trailer Garcia said he was at the airport and he was thinking of how to do it so i sat down and tried to duplicate it afte about ten minutes i did it and i must say i am upset that i didn't think of it it is very clever :)

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
But how do you know it's the same method, if you didn't purchase the Download? A lot of people say they've "figured it out", without downloading the instructional video to find out if they were right. You can always tell the difference between someone performing Fallen when they "figured it out", and someone who learn it from Danny. You learn all the subtleties and techniques to make the trick flow smoothly, which those who "figured it" wouldn't know.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
You learn all the subtleties and techniques to make the trick flow smoothly, which those who "figured it" wouldn't know.

I think a lot of those subtleties are probably universal and come from experience. If you really do have the method figured out, when you go perform it, you'll encounter situations that are hard to control and make recovery difficult. Once you know what they are, you'll be able to account for them, but that takes hundreds of performances.

So the real value of a trick DVD from an established professional isn't the method of the trick, or even the routine around the trick, but the experience he's gained from those hundreds of performances. You can translate that experience into your own routines, so you can anticipate problems with new tricks before they happen, and be prepared with a recovery. Even if you never perform Control, the experience Wayne and Danny had with it will help you prepare for performing similar tricks.

Sep 1, 2007
I was going to but right before i said to myself its impromptu, i can do this. In the trailer Garcia said he was at the airport and he was thinking of how to do it so i sat down and tried to duplicate it afte about ten minutes i did it and i must say i am upset that i didn't think of it it is very clever :)

What do you want, a cookie? Are we supposed to be impressed?

If you have even a shred of respect for Danny, buy the DVD.

What Steerpike meant that if you figured out the effect, instead of performing it buy it out of respect of the creator.

Many pros and serious hobbiests do this. Not doing it is just disrespectful. Anyone is titled to their opinion, which is fine, as long as you don't perform the trick without getting the rights to do so ( i.e getting DG's permission, in this case by buying it ).

Why apologyzing for figuring it out? There is absolutly nothing wrong with this. The wrong thing is performing without the rights. Other than that, I always like to figure out what I see.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
The wrong thing is performing without the rights.

Not that I don't agree with you, but there needs to be a devil's advocate here.

What right does DG have to say someone who hasn't seen his explanation can't do what he explains?

I mean, rights cut both ways. DG has no legal right to tell me what tricks I can and can't perform. He can tell me not to call it by the same name as his, and not to use his exact script or anything substantially similar, but that's more or less all he gets to say.

D

Deleted member 2755

Not that I don't agree with you, but there needs to be a devil's advocate here.

What right does DG have to say someone who hasn't seen his explanation can't do what he explains?

I mean, rights cut both ways. DG has no legal right to tell me what tricks I can and can't perform. He can tell me not to call it by the same name as his, and not to use his exact script or anything substantially similar, but that's more or less all he gets to say.

I'm also pretty sure you can't perform it on tv unless he gives you the rights to do so, but then again... how many of us have a tv show? :)

Here is what I think... no one here would have thought about Fallen if we didn't see the trailer. So, it was not our idea, someone just simply thought of a method to do it. So, if you have some respect, buy it, plus it will probably be entertaining and Garcia will probably give a lot of helpful advice on how and when not to perform it.

If let's say you thought of Fallen before you ever even heard of it, and this was something you thought of on your own... you have no reason to buy it. If I made Stigmata before Wayne put out the DVD... what reason would I have to buy if I've been performing it for years?

So I just think that if you saw the trailer then started thinking of methods on your own, out of respect you should indeed buy it, but it's not exactly against the law not to buy it...

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results