Faro Shuffle

Aug 18, 2010
I learned the Faro Shuffle, a.k.a. Dovetail Shuffle from a book, and usually apply the Forte bridge to it, which I learned from Flourishes 101 from Everythingelse (Dan and Dave).

By the way, I'm new on this particular forum, so hey everyone! :)

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I learned the Faro Shuffle, a.k.a. Dovetail Shuffle from a book, and usually apply the Forte bridge to it, which I learned from Flourishes 101 from Everythingelse (Dan and Dave).

By the way, I'm new on this particular forum, so hey everyone! :)

i typically do a double shuffle with after i Faro. one longitudinal and another horizontal.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
i typically do a double shuffle with after i Faro. one longitudinal and another horizontal.

I do the same thing. Bridging at the corners of the faro sets the off to do a bridges along the long side right after. When I do it around friends or laypeople 99% of the time they ask me to do it again.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
[R.C];323277 said:
I do the same thing. Bridging at the corners of the faro sets the off to do a bridges along the long side right after. When I do it around friends or laypeople 99% of the time they ask me to do it again.

my second shuffle isn't that good yet. but its getting there. haha

Jul 18, 2010
One of my grandfather's good friends from work wrote a book dedicated to the Faro. Its called "Magic Tricks, Card Shuffling and Dynamic Computer memories". It isn't the newest book but it is a great resource to have if you are serious about the faro. Even if you already consider yourself an expert, its good to see what he has to say. He covers the history and mechanics. How to use it to your advantage and many effects involving it. It is 138 pages(not including the index).

Chapter One: The perfect shuffle
-Origins of the perfect shuffle
-The faro dealer's shuffle
-Mathematical measure of the perfect shuffle
-The stay-stack principle
-"The seekers" trick

Chapter Two:The order of shuffles
-The order of shuffles
-The product of shuffles
-Moving a card in the deck
-Trick "A spelling bee"

Chapter 3: Groups
-Randomizing a deck of cards
-Shuffles and cuts in even decks
-Shuffles and Out and In shuffles in and even deck
-Tricks "A challenge poker deal"

Chapter 4: Generalizing the perfect shuffle
-Out shuffling packets of cards
-Looking for a neat formula
-Permutation matrices
-Generalizing Theorems
-Generalizing shuffle groups
-Generalizing the In shuffle
-Trick "The triple seekers"

Chapter 5: Dynamic computer memories
-The shift Register Memory
-Data accessing algorithm for shift register memory
-The perfect shuffle memory
-The shift shuffle memory
-Details details details
-The perfect shuffle memory for N=2^n
-Random accessing algorithm for for a perfect shuffle memory
-Sequential accessing in a perfect shuffle memory of size N=2^n
-Properties of tours
-Epilogue

Computers might not be your thing but he uses them to show similarities to faro shuffles. He also has mathematical applications of faro stuff as you could see in the last chapter. It is a great resource to have and I recommend you get it.

Here is the link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Shuffling-Dynamic-Computer-Memories-Spectrum/dp/0883855275 There are also links on the page to used ones if you desire.

Hope this helped. Good luck

Jul 12, 2010
Sweden
I may have missed if it's already been said, and it may be a bit obvious, but just putting this here:

I use the Faro as my favorite card control, you can control the card to the top or bottom easily, and if you do perfect Faros anywhere in the deck.
It is bold, simple, effective and flourishy. You've probably figured it out, but if you're wondering how just send me a quick PM.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results