First Stage Performance

Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys and gals. So I got into my schools talent show, Open Mic, which is tonight, and I'm performing a tossed out deck. I'm not allowed to actually throw the deck out because it takes too long and I have an alloted time I cant extend. So instead I am picking 3 or 4 people out of the audience and having them hold the deck themselves and pick any card they want and I have them go back into the audience and stand up, and when I call their card they sit down. so its a tossed out deck...without being tossed.......
Anyway,
I have my patter all set up and rehearsed, its basically a theory on a 6th sense and how, if you have one, it will be in corralation with one of your current senses. ( I explain it more in the presentation.)
Its my first stage show and its infront of a lot of people, so I'm a bit nervous buy my friends are reassuring me I'll be fine.

So basically this thread is to get any last minute tips or just to wish me luck, I mainly wanted to inform you guys on whats going on. Hopefull I can get a dvd of the show and upload my performance.
Thanks for reading.

Your boy,
Fez

Sep 6, 2009
USA
Sounds like you have it all thought out. I'm sure you will do great. Have fun performing!... and if you get some footage I'd love to see it.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
You can have the people on stage raise their hands and put them down if you call out their card.
Or have chairs on stage.

Having them go back out (unless you've allotted yourself the proper scripting) seems unnecessary.

You'll be fine, just don't rush yourself. Even on time constraints you need to do everything half the speed that feels right, let the moment build up before you reveal, and make sure everything you say seems natural and not rehearsed.

Most of all, have fun! If you don't have fun when performing magic will seem like a chore. :)

Jun 1, 2009
You can have the people on stage raise their hands and put them down if you call out their card.
Or have chairs on stage.

Having them go back out (unless you've allotted yourself the proper scripting) seems unnecessary.

You'll be fine, just don't rush yourself. Even on time constraints you need to do everything half the speed that feels right, let the moment build up before you reveal, and make sure everything you say seems natural and not rehearsed.

Most of all, have fun! If you don't have fun when performing magic will seem like a chore. :)

Yeah that was my main concern, it didnt seem to flow well having them sit back down in the audience, I'll probably use the chairs, that seems better.

Oh yeah, I love performing. :D Thanks for the advice!

Your boy,
Fez

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I wouldn`t use chairs, other wise they sit down and then get right back up again to go back to their seats because you`re done the effect.

Just have them standing, say if I call your card, go back to your seats. Then everyone walks off stage at the same time, and you take your bow.

Then if you choose to do the ending where one person is left standing, it makes for a funny moment where you are bowing, and there is still someone behind you not leaving the stage. Then after noticing, look them in the eye and name their card.

Then you get two round of applause and another bow.

j

Jun 1, 2009
I wouldn`t use chairs, other wise they sit down and then get right back up again to go back to their seats because you`re done the effect.

Just have them standing, say if I call your card, go back to your seats. Then everyone walks off stage at the same time, and you take your bow.

Then if you choose to do the ending where one person is left standing, it makes for a funny moment where you are bowing, and there is still someone behind you not leaving the stage. Then after noticing, look them in the eye and name their card.

Then you get two round of applause and another bow.

j

Your a little late, as the performance was last night. But if I ever do the effect again, I'll put this into consideration.
Thank you for your input.

Your boy,
Fez

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results