FIVE New Releases - The Holiday Contest 2010!

ATH

May 1, 2010
The Hole Thing seems a bit obvious to me. The real standout here is Dresscode. Calen has proven that it can be done on the street (seen on his street magic videos) and it looks great. I know every magician thinks "What if I could change my shirt" but it seems impossible. Calen really has a great mind. But why release it? It seems a bit premature. If I had created that I would hold on to it to the grave.

And also, why does every new release have to have a "cool" name? Dresscode, Transit, Smoke, Colorblind. It's starting to smell a bit like Ellusionist over here......;)

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
And also, why does every new release have to have a "cool" name? Dresscode, Transit, Smoke, Colorblind. It's starting to smell a bit like Ellusionist over here......;)

Because no one wants to buy a sweet shirt change trick that is called "Cool Lil' Shirt Change Thing" lol

ATH

May 1, 2010
I would still buy it based on the effect itself. I sure hope people aren't that shallow....

Nov 9, 2010
Will the S&M decks be released at 11.00 as the other releases were? And if so, will it be 11.00 AM or PM? Trying to figure out when I need to isolate myself with my computer. ;)

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC

You have to name it something, and it may as well be something that won't immediately come up in google. If he called it 'shirt changing thingy' or 'smoke from mouth gimmick' then anyone who sees the effect can track it down faster.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Will the S&M decks be released at 11.00 as the other releases were? And if so, will it be 11.00 AM or PM? Trying to figure out when I need to isolate myself with my computer. ;)

11:00pm EST tonight. I just held the first full deck yesterday afternoon, and they feel great and look sleek!

Nov 9, 2010
11:00pm EST tonight. I just held the first full deck yesterday afternoon, and they feel great and look sleek!

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately that's 5 am for me and I start work at 9 am so there's no possible way for me to stay up 'til then. I'll have to hope that you guys haven't bought all of the decks before I get home.

You wouldn't dare. I will haunt you in your dreams.

Aug 14, 2010
New Zealand
Question about Claiming the Prize
I know its highly unlikely that I will win anything from the Holiday Contest but is there any due date for when the prize has to be claimed?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Question about Claiming the Prize
I know its highly unlikely that I will win anything from the Holiday Contest but is there any due date for when the prize has to be claimed?

Yessir - all prizes must be claimed by January 30th, 2011. This info and deadline is printed on the back of each scratch card so you won't forget it! Best of luck to you in the contest - keep both fingers crossed and you never know what might arrive in the mail...

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Were the winning cards put in the original 10000 scratch cards printed or are they being placed in the new batch as well ?
Just wondering if there is still a chance ?

Cheers
Byron

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results