Foie Gras? What the *^%&$# is that?

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Lee...you left us hanging man. Did everyone actually eat it and like it? Did you explain what it was before anyone tried it?

I had it a few years ago and really liked it, but the people I went out to eat with refused to tell me what it was before I ate it. The price on that dish almost makes me want to start my own goose/duck farm to supply these guys....

--Jim

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
Sorry guys, it wasn't my intention to leave you hanging.

I explained to the table what it was before ordering. Most made faces, but I give them all credit for at least trying it.

Here are the stats:

- Asher.................... (YES)
- Hocking................. (NO)
- Fran Houchin......... (NO)
- Katie Egleston.......(could go either way, but not going to order it on own)
- Wayne Houchin..... (YES)
- J. Bayme................ (HELL NO)

If you have an opportunity to taste Foie Gras, try it -- you might like it.

Asher

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Germany
i´ll go for it next time i´m in paris. sounds like u guys had a lot of fun ^^.and good luck for the release of deuce bag ehhh "Witness" ;)
i´ll get it when its available in Germany...

Sep 1, 2007
Antartica.
Man I love that stuff. I am so angry that it is now banned in Chicago because of stupid animal rights activists. When I would have a good show or saved up enough money for a "treat" I would goto the Ralf Loren restaurant off of Chicago Ave. and get a fillet with Foie Gras on it. Now I am just left with the fillet.

Weak sauce Chicago, weak sauce.

-Craig

PS- Also the C.T.A. sucks monkey nuts.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I'm pretty sure that as soon as Lee mentioned that he wanted to order something called Foie Gras, I covertly whipped out the iPhone and Googled what this mysterious entree was.

The first Google result said that Foie Gras means "Fat Liver" in French. That was all I needed to know. 10 minutes and 10 pounds per square inch of peer pressure later, Wayne and Lee were still trying to get me to try this mysterious food they spoke of. But I held strong. Wayne, your culinary peer pressure powers won't work on me. Try me.

Sep 1, 2007
Antartica.
I'm pretty sure that as soon as Lee mentioned that he wanted to order something called Foie Gras, I covertly whipped out the iPhone and Googled what this mysterious entree was.

The first Google result said that Foie Gras means "Fat Liver" in French. That was all I needed to know. 10 minutes and 10 pounds per square inch of peer pressure later, Wayne and Lee were still trying to get me to try this mysterious food they spoke of. But I held strong. Wayne, your culinary peer pressure powers won't work on me. Try me.

But its good. Seriously. Step up to the big kids table and try something different besides chicken fingers and fettuccine alfredo. :cool:

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Sorry guys, it wasn't my intention to leave you hanging.

I explained to the table what it was before ordering. Most made faces, but I give them all credit for at least trying it.

Here are the stats:

- Asher.................... (YES)
- Hocking................. (NO)
- Fran Houchin......... (NO)
- Wayne Houchin..... (YES)
- J. Bayme................ (HELL NO)

If you have an opportunity to taste Foie Gras, try it -- you might like it.

Asher

I Was there too!

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Lee,

You've got me curious now. What exactly was J. Bayme's reaction do the Foie Gras? I need more information other than "HELL NO". Haha, he didn't wig-out and spit it out in a projectile fashion?

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
I don't think Mr. Bayme ate the foie gras:

Though I could not see why he didn't -- it's only "the liver of a duck or a goose that has been specially fattened by gavage." A gavage... it's like chicken.

Cheers,
JTM

TRM

Sep 1, 2007
I would have liked to see Mr. Bayme's reaction once he found out it was liver..lawl xD

by the way Mr. Asher, I too loooove to try new foods, too bad there aren't any French restaurants near my house =(....I guess the foie gras will have to wait

-Ed

Sep 10, 2007
Co.Dublin in Ireland
I dont know how you guys ate that :confused: I cant even think about eating that:eek: Well it is a good thing you got the appitiser instead of the masive piece.

I would have liked to see the faces of the waiters when you told them which one you ordered.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results