Gaff Deck

May 12, 2009
what i don't get is why they sell a black tiger gaff? i mean when you perform with a normal black tiger deck for a person, they never saw a black deck, so they think it is a gaff. then when you perform with a real gaff deck, people don't think it is magic.

Jan 13, 2008
Because some people have the presentational skills to pull off using a different coloured deck without arousing suspicion. :)

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
i mean when you perform with a normal black tiger deck for a person, they never saw a black deck, so they think it is a gaff.

This has been debated countless times, and always results in the same answer: "If you know what you're doing, no they won't." There are all kinds of decks out there, all kinds of colors. I've seen green, pink, silver. And all kinds of different backs as well. Even some made of plastic. There's no reason why a black deck can't exist. Even if it were - the color of the deck has nothing to do with the tricks you perform with it, and not to mention that if you were to own a trick deck, you probably wouldn't make it look blatantly different. The notion with a trick deck is that it's supposed to pass as normal, but not be. The argument just doesn't fly.

Now, about gaff cards not appearing as magic - not a lot of magic today does, but that doesn't seem to stop people.

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Walk into your local Wal-Mart.
Now look at the playing cards there.
How many colors do you see? White, Pink, Clear, sometimes green or black. AT LEAST 6 different back designs.

Now turn on your TV to a poker game. How many different decks are there?
No 2 shows have the same deck.

To EVERYBODY a deck is a deck. If they think you're using a trick deck, it's because you're doing or saying something suspicious. Either that or it's someone who would be suspicious regardless of the deck, even if you use theirs.

what i don't get is why they sell a black tiger gaff? i mean when you perform with a normal black tiger deck for a person, they never saw a black deck, so they think it is a gaff. then when you perform with a real gaff deck, people don't think it is magic.
if my spectators and fans aren't complaining...forget the outside world...including other magicians.....crazy thing...i had a pack of pink bikes.....i folded and destroyed them so much and badly...even used torn effects with it....i had no idea the use of bikes these days...i had no idea that the pink bikes were not very much used...i regret that now....

but to get back to the point...as long as ur spectators are happy...you are happy....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results