Gaff with a normal Bicycle Joker...

Sep 1, 2007
mastic, ny
Hey guys,
I was looking at the joker up close thinking of new tricks and ideas and I came across this one which I feel can help many of you out. Take out a standard Bicycle deck and take a look at the joker. Each shoulder pad contains 3 spades which means 6 altogether. Now if you used this as a gaff think of the possibilities you can do using a 6 of spades.

For those new to magic and would love to get into gaff tricks and would want to buy a gaff deck soon but unsure how the outcome will be, use this built in gaff as a test run. Even if your not new to magic still use this effect in your routine. Why? Most people know a Bicycle's joker is a person riding on a bike but most don't actually look at the detail.

What you guys think?
Try this out and tell me how it goes

-Sean

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,
I was looking at the joker up close thinking of new tricks and ideas and I came across this one which I feel can help many of you out. Take out a standard Bicycle deck and take a look at the joker. Each shoulder pad contains 3 spades which means 6 altogether. Now if you used this as a gaff think of the possibilities you can do using a 6 of spades.

For those new to magic and would love to get into gaff tricks and would want to buy a gaff deck soon but unsure how the outcome will be, use this built in gaff as a test run. Even if your not new to magic still use this effect in your routine. Why? Most people know a Bicycle's joker is a person riding on a bike but most don't actually look at the detail.

What you guys think?
Try this out and tell me how it goes

-Sean

Same with the Queen of Spades, she is holding a card with 6 spades on it.

Cool idea. I recently got DVR and I was thinking of a way to personalize the effect, and came up with this kind of idea:

force the six of spades and incorporate it into the control
note the joker and say how it can tell us the card, bring attention to the shoulders and reveal as such, then something like "well, now that we know it's the six of spades, it can mimic your card"
perform rest of DVR, try not to flash, end.

quick idea off the top of my head. im not one for gaffs in the traditional sense.

Sep 1, 2007
I noticed this a few days ago. Being a lover of simplicity myself, and the fact that theres some gaffs that use 6 of spades in my own gaff deck, theres some great potential in the trick.

Plus the "oh yeah, jokers are wild!" gag, just for fun :p.

Sep 20, 2009
the Joker, is the King Of Clubs ( i know it's really not)

i'm just syaing they look identical

or to me anyway...

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
She is holding a flower. There are arrows on her robe, but these clearly are not the same shape as a spade pip. I believe these are a reference to this style of clothing in 16th-17th century France, which most scholars argue, these images on the cards are based on

http://www.royalpaperdolls.com/henry1.gif

http://www.ago.net/assets/images/assets/past_exhibitions/2005/henry.jpg

-J1P

That may be true, but the designs on her clothing look like old style spades, and with her hand directly over them it looks like she's holding a card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results