Garrett Thomas lecture last night in Ohio

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Last night I attended Garrett Thomas's lecture in Akron, Ohio. It was OUTSTANDING and a ton of fun jamming and hanging out together afterwards. His coin stuff has always been phenomenal, but he doesn't do that much anymore in his lectures because he said most people aren't going to perform it. He did do a few coin routines just to show us that he is truly a master and top notch at coins and jumbo coins still.

He showed us some killer new one handed Rubik cube routines, stand up monte, ring thing, banded, mash pack, his new mandolin marked deck and a few other things. I didn't realize so many people were in on the development of the mandolin deck, not just Paul Harris. After most of the people left except for me and a few others he starting showing some new material that he has created and just FRIED us. I hope he releases most or all of it.

I went home and lay in bed with that feeling of astonishment and just smiled.

If you ever get to see him lecture, I would have driven 2-3 hrs to go see it. He is VERY polite and hilarious. Probably one of the best close up guys I've seen besides Johnny Ace and Greg Wilson.

Attachments

• 2011-11-17_19-51-59_640.jpg
    2011-11-17_19-51-59_640.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 142
Jun 1, 2009
Congrats Rick! That's awesome, I hope he comes down to Tennessee soon. I've seen Greg Wilson, Geoff Williams, and Wayne Houchin lecture and they all were phenomenal. I love coming home after a lecture and just being so amazed and fortunate I got to experience what I just did. Thanks for sharing!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Oh how could I forget this...he has this hilarious 8 ball from wallet thing he does too. Totally catches everyone off guard.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
He showed a few new card ideas he has as well as new rubik's cube stuff that isn't out yet. He is kind of getting away from the coins a bit.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I enjoy the fact that he views magic as a "gift" that you are giving to your audience and that if you treat it as such, it doesn't leave much room for any hecklers at all.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results