Genius

Apr 15, 2008
James Brown, Close-up Magician of the Year 2006: great personality, style and magic. This guy has everything. For those of you who are great fans of misdirection magic. Genious.

1 minute stage pickpocketting act:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZcyxq20N8U

Awesome misdirection act with coins & cards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJJidnWFpLI

This is the kind of stuff that keeps me goin'. Just thought I'd share it with those of you who haven't experienced him yet. Enjoy.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
James Brown was the godfather of funk.
James Brown IS the godfather of modern Misdirective technique.
This guy is a winner.

Look at his 'workaroo', very nifty idea!

CL

Sep 1, 2007
I've never liked him or his presentation to be honest, he's got some awesome misdirection though.

Sep 1, 2007
Just been reading this thread to see what had been said. Im a fan of James Brown. I like his style and his misdirection skills are unbelievable. Any magic is possible surely if you can misdirect people the way he does. After all when we preform magic for people aren't we trying to "do moves" without getting caught, to make it look like "real magic"
Flourishing and that style of magic are obviously different in that they are trying to look flashy but magic is a lot about making things look natural. If you can misdirect people to take there attention away from "tricky" moments that may look un-natural then surely this is a good thing.

Benjamind: I would sugest to you that you pick up either Still fancy a pot of jam or his lecture dvd. I am guessing that you have seen neither because there is plenty of magic on both of those dvd's. Granted he is good at what he does but it is not limited to pick poketing.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Just been reading this thread to see what had been said. Im a fan of James Brown. I like his style and his misdirection skills are unbelievable. Any magic is possible surely if you can misdirect people the way he does. After all when we preform magic for people aren't we trying to "do moves" without getting caught, to make it look like "real magic"
Flourishing and that style of magic are obviously different in that they are trying to look flashy but magic is a lot about making things look natural. If you can misdirect people to take there attention away from "tricky" moments that may look un-natural then surely this is a good thing.

Benjamind: I would sugest to you that you pick up either Still fancy a pot of jam or his lecture dvd. I am guessing that you have seen neither because there is plenty of magic on both of those dvd's. Granted he is good at what he does but it is not limited to pick poketing.

I am aware that he performs/practices magic; I was simply referring to his performances in the videos that the original poster linked to.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results