Getting Numbers

I once knew a magician a couple years back who used to use magic to get a girls phone number. He'd get the to sign the card and put the phone number on it, and he'd lose it into the deck. Then he said to who ever the girl was, "If i can find your card, I get to keep your number." and he'd wink. Surprisingly this actually worked. I got a few laughs in afterwards when we'd talk about what just happened. Anyway, i was just wondering has anyone here ever done something similar to that to get a girl (or guy) or known someone who has? Just curious to know.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I accualy do it in other direction. First i approach a girl, introduce myself, then have a normal and funny conversation, then i get her phone number and after that i say "oh, btw, im a magician, wanna see something interesting?"...

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Not that Ive done this, but dM's Devils Touch saying something along the lines of "If I can guess your phone number, can I keep it?" seems like it would be pretty strong.

-ThrallMind

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
God... can you people not pick up girls without magic? :/

It's just rather... pathetic.

=====

Just be yourself around girls, if they like you, exchange numbers and hang out again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 23, 2007
NC
While it might be good for an ice breaker, doesnt it seem a little cheezy as a way to get numbers?

I dont know maybe I'm just oldschool but I could picture a lot of women just rolling thier eyes. Thier going to like you for you, not your persona.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with Flyspazz. That is kind of cheesy. I mean, can't you just ask them? Magic can only get you so far with girls, I don't think it would work...but I might be wrong.

EDIT: Reread the original post, so here is a little story.

Two years ago, my friend was doing street magic and did this trick where he had a girl sign a card, and put her phone number on it. He said that if he did the trick right, he would keep the card. And just on cue like it meant to happen like that, her boyfriend came. He got kind of mad so i just turned off the camera and my friend backtracked a bit. We ended up leaving after her boyfriend made some accusations that were like, "You trynna hit on my woman, *****".

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
banjamind said:

=====

Just be yourself around girls, if they like you, exchange numbers and hang out again.

EyeOfDeception wasn't asking how to pick up women with magic, he was asking for stories of people who attempted to. Two very different things. So, before you go calling people who post in this thread pathetic, I'd reread the original post.

-ThrallMind

bd

Jun 26, 2008
EyeOfDeception wasn't asking how to pick up women with magic, he was asking for stories of people who attempted to. Two very different things. So, before you go calling people who post in this thread pathetic, I'd reread the original post.

-ThrallMind

Who says I was speaking to EyeOfDeception?

I was simply addressing people who do that. If I'm speaking to a certain person, I will include their name in the post.

- Ben

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
you obviously dont have a clue how womens minds work, and how attraction works.

anything thats "not normal" you do to a woman, they will usually pay more attention/attraction towards you than if you were the same as every other guy
example- can i buy you a drink

PREDICTABLE AND BORINGGGGGGGG

now if you do something that they arnt used to guys doing, say making fun of them a bit, doing something mysterious (such as magic)
your instantly in a whole new league in their mind, and are right above the "rest" of the guys who hit on them

now saying this, you cant do magic, or palmm reading, or comedy and instantly have them be attracted to you, you need other qualities aswell. you need to already know the 'art" of attracting women, what works what doesnt, and only then can you add other things to use, such as magic.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY

=====

whats pathetic about it? Its a conversation starter. and more importantly you say be yourself. Call me crazy but aren't your hobbies part of who you are? We are all magicians and its part of who we are and it is us being ourself. I have not personally used magic to pick up a girl but if it works go with it. Besides if your looking for someone to spend more than just a night with, she's gonna find out eventually that you do magic anyways, why not show her something interesting?

Apr 28, 2008
whats pathetic about it? Its a conversation starter. and more importantly you say be yourself. Call me crazy but aren't your hobbies part of who you are? We are all magicians and its part of who we are and it is us being ourself. I have not personally used magic to pick up a girl but if it works go with it. Besides if your looking for someone to spend more than just a night with, she's gonna find out eventually that you do magic anyways, why not show her something interesting?

I think i'd only consider it pathetic if you're hiding behind the magic. If you don't have enough of a personaliy to attract a girl without having to do magic then i'd say that is a bit pathetic.

However, if you approach a girl and start talking then do a couple of tricks, put the cards away then continue talking I think that may increase her interest.

If you can't get a girl without magic I doubt you'll have much luck getting one with magic. Stuff like 'If I can find your card I get to keep your number' just sounds like a rehearsed pick up line.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
I think i'd only consider it pathetic if you're hiding behind the magic. If you don't have enough of a personaliy to attract a girl without having to do magic then i'd say that is a bit pathetic.

However, if you approach a girl and start talking then do a couple of tricks, put the cards away then continue talking I think that may increase her interest.

If you can't get a girl without magic I doubt you'll have much luck getting one with magic. Stuff like 'If I can find your card I get to keep your number' just sounds like a rehearsed pick up line.

This is exactly what I meant / what I was talking about. I posted my post simply because some of the kids on these forums have said (and will continue to say) things like, "I got this girl's number with a trick", etc.

===

By saying "just be yourself", I meant relate to the person. Don't use magic as a preface/reason to talk to him/her (because yes, there ARE female magicians) - as Squ!rrel stated, if you don't have enough of a personality or are lacking in the social skills area, magic will only get you so far in friendships/relationships with other people.

===

I think this thread is rather pointless and should be closed; the people who have used magic to pick up a guy/girl will not post their stories. Also, this thread has several posts which point out its evolution into a "how to hit on women" thread.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
k ill share 2 stories...
first time i ever performed magic in public was at some bar to these 2 girls

did some simple tricks, biddle etc, messed up once
but recovered with "ok enough of these amazingly exciting card tricks) and went onto more of a comedy routine, making fun of people in general
got their numbers
next night spent the whole night with the pair

other time was at some college halloween party
was doing tricks for a few friends, then a crowd started to appear
one girl looked more enthused than the rest, so i started including her in my routine
did a acr and at each stage saying "if i find your card you have to hug me, kiss me" etc
and i still see her to this day...

but the points is as i have said above
magic is just another tool ontop of all you may have learned on how to attract women
you cant use magic alone, and have no other skills, and expect women to be attracted

Sep 1, 2007
Threads like this are comedy gold. You always have the hopeful guys speculating on ways to use magic to meet women, the cliche-spouting naysayers who give advice so one-dimensional it's about as useless as a bass guitar in a metal album, the few girls here who point out the stupidity and get ignored, and a handful of intelligent (and good-looking) devils like yours truly who sardonically remark on the inanity of it all.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results