Getting the most out of the DVDs you buy.

Sep 1, 2007
I was wondering if anybody hand any ideas on how to best utilize the material you get from the DVDs you buy

Sep 1, 2007
My ideas are just simple, probably obvious ideas.

1) watch the video through completely first! no stopping to practice a move, and don't follow along the first time, just let it all sink in and watch what is happening.

2) watch it through a second time imitating the moves in the DVD, look for any subtle movements that you may have missed the first time round.

3) finally, watch and rewatch every section before you practice it, The most important thing is that you are practicing the sleights JUST right.

Sep 1, 2007
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Thats about right.

Just practice, practice, practice, perform it, practice again, and something that I sometimes do is after I think I about have it, is I'll watch the DVD again, and maybe I'll see just the smallest thing that I can utilize to make it better.

I was wondering if anybody hand any ideas on how to best utilize the material you get from the DVDs you buy

This is what I did with Army of 52 and my Gaff deck. I went through the whole DVD once just watching. Then I went and watched the performances again and then I went through the Tutorials 1 by 1. That means watching one tutorial practice performing and get it correct before moving on. It took about 3 hours but, I have no basically mastered every move and slight involved with the gaff deck. Just take your time and practice :)

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results