Glitch // Daniel Madison

Sep 1, 2007
What they say- Total Runtime: 8 Minutes | Download | INTERMEDIATE

An instant, visual color change inspired by Dan and Dave's Click Change and Ed Marlo's Snap Change. One card visually changes into another with a smooth flourish.

A simple and effective color change done with finesse. Taught in 8 minutes of instruction by daniel+Madison.

What I say- This is a pretty good change, but there are a lot of things wrong with it, and the video. First off, if you wanted to do a trick that goes; Card is selected, put back, x card is shown, x card changes into selection" you would have to control the selection second from the bottom, which is kind of odd if you ask me, so it wouldn't be very simple to get into. Second, is that this, DOES NOT have an instant clean up, like advertised. You do the change, then you clean up. With the Click Change, cleanup is done as you do the change. Thats what I (even though I don't use it) like about the click. It makes a snap change a little less angle sensitive, because of the instant clean-up. I was pretty dissapointed when I saw that this wasn't the case with Gltch, even though it was said by team members it was.

Up untill the clean up, the explanation was great. he went through everything almost too many times, which is always good. But when he got to the clean-up, he was sorta just like "do this" once, and the teaching section ended abruptly.

You can't go against the fact that this looks good. Its a good looking change. The mechanics itself are a little unorthodox, but if your an intermediate card guy, this shouldn't be all too difficult.

one thing that bugged me was there was no mention of Ed Marlo in the video. In the original description of the video, there was no mention of him either. A forum member had to point it out. hmmm

The flourish in the beginning is pretty cool. Nothing mind-numbingly original, but it does the job.

The video quality was obviously good, its t11 we're talkin bout!

Pros
-Looks good
-Good teaching for the most part
-either Madison is short or Dan White is really tall

Cons
-Not as advertised( instant clean-up)
-Bad teaching of clean-up
-The fact that if you wanted to do a trick with it, you gotta control selection second from the bottom.

I would say if you really want to learn this change, go for it, I just can't see myself using it. DnD have a Click Change variation (which I haven't seen) on thir upcoming dvd "andthensome" so since your all 100% going to buy that, I'd wait and just see if this new click variation tops Glitch. I would give Glitch...uhhh....a 4.5 put of 10.

http://www.theory11.com/1on1/

Attachments

• NewsImage144.jpg
    NewsImage144.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 180
May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the great review Creeper. I was a bit skeptic about this one so I was waiting for just this!

1 quesiton:: Does Daniel teach you how to control a card 2nd from the bottom or... is it FFY (fend for yourself)...?

Thanks again.

-Sanj

Sep 1, 2007
Unfortunatly, fend for yourself!

Its not that big of a deal, its just unneccassary work. I could think of ways of controlling the card there, but it wouldn't be quick and easy.

Sep 1, 2007
Thats what I was thinking, but with that, you would have like riffle a card off, blah blah blah. I'd rather do a cascade control bringing the card to the top quickly and smoothly.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Second, is that this, DOES NOT have an instant clean up, like advertised. You do the change, then you clean up...I was pretty dissapointed when I saw that this wasn't the case with Gltch, even though it was said by team members it was.
The entire change (ending completely clean, square with the deck) takes less than three seconds. Definitely instant. Note that everything taught in the video is performed as essentially one fluid motion.
Up untill the clean up, the explanation was great. he went through everything almost too many times, which is always good. But when he got to the clean-up, he was sorta just like "do this" once, and the teaching section ended abruptly.
There was no need to spend a lot of time on the clean-up, as it fixes itself (because of the hand positioning). You're already clean, so there's not much to teach. ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Your right, there was no need to spend a lot of time on the clean up, but there was a need to spend much more time than what was offered in the video.

Oct 28, 2007
i don't know what your saying about the instant clean up when i do it IS completly square like right after i do it. try repositioning you hand

Sep 1, 2007
Daniel even says not to get it square with the deck after the change. The card is in a certain position, then squared with the pack.

By instant clean up, I mean doing the change in a way as where the front card is automatically back on the deck, without moving yor fingers or anything.

Look, in my personal opinion, it's the flourishers version of the click change. Just cause it looks like a much more fluid motion. Maybe it's just me, but I can see throwing this into some quick flourishing. For what it is, a quick little two second movement is not that bad at all for a clean up. Hand the card to the spectator and give the cards a quick cut (if you're going to use it for magic purposes). That's all I got.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Daniel even says not to get it square with the deck after the change. The card is in a certain position, then squared with the pack.

By instant clean up, I mean doing the change in a way as where the front card is automatically back on the deck, without moving yor fingers or anything.

If that's the problem, i'll save people alot of trouble by saying the the Click Change does not end up 'square' after the change, you need a short clean up. But it is so fast, and so fluid - that just like in Glitch - it passes right by.

Gustav

Apr 28, 2008
It's kind of cool but I can't see myself ever using it. I find most snap change variations to be almost useless in the real world. As soon as you've got more than 2 or 3 people watching it's not going to work.

If you want to control a card from second to bottom there's endless ways of doing it. I think the best way would be Lee Asher's Pulp Friction. Another easy way is to split the deck for the spectator to return their card as you normally would but simply get a break beneath the card below the selection as the spectator is returning it, do a pass and the card will be second from bottom.

Sep 1, 2007
meh...again I'd rather just do one smooth quick control rather than riffling a card won than shifting the deck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results