Good tricks with Control

Oct 6, 2007
Well, Control is such a powerful effect by itself, so I'd say nothing before it.

COntrol on its own is so DAMN powerful! (Sorry, I HAD to curse)

Oct 16, 2007
From what I've read/heard/seen so far, that will most definitely be covered in the 2 or so hours worth of dvd. A cool little subtlety though has been forshadowed by Wayne:

Obviously, stopping your pulse is a display of control over what is one of humanity's greatest fears; death. So you could most definitely build up to control by displaying other methods of controlling your surroundings. (By use of IT, elastics, mentalism, a silverware routine, etc...)

On a lighter note however, you could use the pulse stop as an example of controlling time. With a borrowed spectator's watch, you could show how magicians are able to do what they do in what seems like the blink of an eye because of some are actually able to control time. When your pulse slows and comes to a stop, that's nuts but when you show that the borrowed watch also stopped, it puts a new spin on the exact same trick... (Explained in full on the dvd)

Personally, I like what Guy Balvi did in that weak, Criss Angel fronted show, Phenomenon with the combination of the Electric Touch. But again, that is more of a 'scary' life vs. death display of a pulse stop.

I'm sure you'll find use for the routine either way...

Later-
Dave

Jan 24, 2008
Stigmata would be a great lead in for control. Stigmata reminds them well of jesus and that whole deal. Then you could become just like him by coming back from the dead. I think you could make people believe you are him or something like that.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
"I used to do this trick in churches, and they'd give their money to me instead of putting it in the collection plate. Then one day I did it in a synagogue, and the rabbi said 'quick, get a hammer!'..."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results