Guardians at Wal-Mart!

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
If they come here after buying that deck of cards.Which is very low because people hardly buy cards much less kids unless they are already interested in magic.
If they come here first they'll learn from us,hopefully,not to start on youtube and respect this art form.Or whatever your opinion on magic is.
Thus,they will have a very good start in magic.Much better than most of us.
So I say its a good thing.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nobody flame me for this, but am I the only one a little worried about little kids infesting this site, and buying every trick. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against new people coming and joining us, but I'm worried about them buying every trick and doing it poorly and then a bunch of people give magicians a bad name. I might just be overthinking everything though :p

You're telling me that hasn't happened already?

Nobody flame me for this, but am I the only one a little worried about little kids infesting this site, and buying every trick. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against new people coming and joining us, but I'm worried about them buying every trick and doing it poorly and then a bunch of people give magicians a bad name. I might just be overthinking everything though :p
I disagree. Just because you buy a deck of cards and you see a website on it does it mean your gonna be a magician. Seriously when you buy those cracker boxes(wheat thins,etc) and they give you a recipe on the back with a website. Does that mean your gonna be a chef and find some online website and become a horrible chef. I don't no why you guys think once lay people find a magic website there gonna spend there hard earned money to buy some tricks.:rolleyes: If they do than that means they love magic and which to learn more. If they don't like hunderds of people do, they would just get the cards, keep the cards and play poker with them. Besides stop thinking so negative. You can get a deck of cards like guardians from stores near you at a cheaper price. Good isn't it?

May 3, 2008
Chances are the laypeople that see and go to T11 won't buy every little thing they put out. People these days are cheap; they'll try to get those secrets for free from torrents or youtube, etc.

I think its cool I can buy them locally now. As for kids destroying magic...its been going on for years. If you really feel like some pre-teen kid is going to do the same tricks that you do and do them poorly, then find some tricks that they wont find. Theres about 50 or 60 kids in my area that do "street magic." Doesn't affect my business. I do stuff they can't imagine existing. I like to write music. I'm not very good at it, but I enjoy it. Doesn't mean I'm going to give local rock bands a bad name.

As for not shopping at wal-mart because they're evil or whatever, watch penn & teller bulls**t season 5 about wal-mart. The documentary about how evil wal-mart is was VERY deciving. If you like the cards, buy them. If not, don't. Simple. I'm excited about them being in wal-mart.

I cant see kids mass revealing tricks because:
These arent at every Wal-Mart which lowers the odds,
usually when people see a website on something they wont even bother going to it which lowers the odds,
if a kid does get into magic cause of this there's always a chance they will take it seriously which lowers the odds,
it would take a lot of kids to really get a reveal thing going.
Meh im just rambling now.

It happened to E!

Jul 19, 2008
But then again E seems to support the mentality, because to them, its just money and its not their problem if people want to buy from them. They have released many quality decks like the ghosts and good tricks like stigmata...

The are full of ****, but their products' quality is relatively high.

Sep 3, 2007
Look around guys. Kids are already here. All around. And besides, if you buy shoes that have an advertisent on the bottom for dance classes, do you take the dance classes?

Sep 2, 2007
You're telling me that hasn't happened already?

Exactly what I was thinking... you can't get much more "underground" than Wal-Mart. Can't wait for the Theory 11 Underground Epicenter Magic Kit in the toy section! Learn exclusive underground techniques from the magic underground's biggest stars like Daniel Madison, The Buck Twins, and Wayne Houchin!

:D :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened to E!

Oh please...

Not this rubbish again?

But then again E seems to support the mentality, because to them, its just money and its not their problem if people want to buy from them. They have released many quality decks like the ghosts and good tricks like stigmata...

The are full of ****, but their products' quality is relatively high.

Oh...yes...this rubbish again.

Rabid

Sep 5, 2007
What I'm saying is I don't want Theory11 to become well-known and avaliable almost everywhere. I'd like it to be truly "underground."

Oh c'mon now.

No business can survive by being underground.

The whole "we're underground" is a business tactic - cult marketing really - that makes you think you're part of something really secret and special. Except they do that with everyone. Hence... it's not secret and special.

I know we all like calling these communities underground because we think it's cool... but once you start believing it truly is what they say it is, than you have just been suckered into all the advertising.

Let Wal-Mart sell the Guardians. Let Ellusionist have TV commercials. Whatever. We're already "out there". If you don't want to be "out there" and you want to be underground, than go and FIND the underground magic communities on the internet. Thats right... true underground you have to find, discover, and earn your way into.

And on a last note - why does something being underground or not really matter. Isn't it all about the magic? People will only come to these places if they are interested in magic. Yes, even annoying little kids who post videos on YouTube. They're already a part of this. And if you think they aren't, than you are to much like them to notice the difference, or you are completely, utterly ignorant to the dynamic of the internet magic community.

And to the rest of you who aren't, thanks for keepin' it real.

Phew. Ok, rambling over.

Peace out.

Katie

Jul 13, 2008
Oh c'mon now.

No business can survive by being underground.

The whole "we're underground" is a business tactic - cult marketing really - that makes you think you're part of something really secret and special. Except they do that with everyone. Hence... it's not secret and special.

I know we all like calling these communities underground because we think it's cool... but once you start believing it truly is what they say it is, than you have just been suckered into all the advertising.

Let Wal-Mart sell the Guardians. Let Ellusionist have TV commercials. Whatever. We're already "out there". If you don't want to be "out there" and you want to be underground, than go and FIND the underground magic communities on the internet. Thats right... true underground you have to find, discover, and earn your way into.

And on a last note - why does something being underground or not really matter. Isn't it all about the magic? People will only come to these places if they are interested in magic. Yes, even annoying little kids who post videos on YouTube. They're already a part of this. And if you think they aren't, than you are to much like them to notice the difference, or you are completely, utterly ignorant to the dynamic of the internet magic community.

And to the rest of you who aren't, thanks for keepin' it real.

Phew. Ok, rambling over.

Peace out.

Katie

Well said! I completely agree with you . . . d+M himself said that being "underground" simply means you're a new type of magician. One that doesn't pull rabbits out of hats or make the statue of liberty disappear. I guess an "underground magician" is just another way of saying "close-up magician." I mean, think about it! Anyway, thanks for that great post!

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
Underground means not a lot of people know about it, and those who do are blessed and lucky.

Everyone in magic has heard of T11, and Ellusionist, and Hocus-Pocus, etc.

In fact, I don't think there is ANYTHING "underground" on the internet, because that would defeat the purpose.

I am a professional full-time performer, mostly stage, and I have about 5 notebooks full of 100% original magic. I book shows. I create illusions[KAOS].

I wish I could be at the party for T11 for being able to sell their decks through Wal-Mart, that is a BIG deal, and awesome and I congratulate them for a job well done.

It doesn't bother me.

Why?

Because I work my butt off, I study, I perform, and I explore magic as an artform...

...instead of worrying myself stupid about a deck of PLAYING CARDS with a 6-type font on the bottom with a website where ALL my secrets can be purchased...

...being sold at Wal-Mart.

There are no wolves coming. Read more books. Take more notes. Think more independently.

|| sean ||

Feb 12, 2008
Underground means not a lot of people know about it, and those who do are blessed and lucky.

Everyone in magic has heard of T11, and Ellusionist, and Hocus-Pocus, etc.

In fact, I don't think there is ANYTHING "underground" on the internet, because that would defeat the purpose.

I am a professional full-time performer, mostly stage, and I have about 5 notebooks full of 100% original magic. I book shows. I create illusions[KAOS].

I wish I could be at the party for T11 for being able to sell their decks through Wal-Mart, that is a BIG deal, and awesome and I congratulate them for a job well done.

It doesn't bother me.

Why?

Because I work my butt off, I study, I perform, and I explore magic as an artform...

...instead of worrying myself stupid about a deck of PLAYING CARDS with a 6-type font on the bottom with a website where ALL my secrets can be purchased...

...being sold at Wal-Mart.

There are no wolves coming. Read more books. Take more notes. Think more independently.

|| sean ||

At this moment, the only thing I can say is.....
applause.gif

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results