Guardians at Wal-Mart!

Oh c'mon now.

No business can survive by being underground.

The whole "we're underground" is a business tactic - cult marketing really - that makes you think you're part of something really secret and special. Except they do that with everyone. Hence... it's not secret and special.

I know we all like calling these communities underground because we think it's cool... but once you start believing it truly is what they say it is, than you have just been suckered into all the advertising.

Let Wal-Mart sell the Guardians. Let Ellusionist have TV commercials. Whatever. We're already "out there". If you don't want to be "out there" and you want to be underground, than go and FIND the underground magic communities on the internet. Thats right... true underground you have to find, discover, and earn your way into.

And on a last note - why does something being underground or not really matter. Isn't it all about the magic? People will only come to these places if they are interested in magic. Yes, even annoying little kids who post videos on YouTube. They're already a part of this. And if you think they aren't, than you are to much like them to notice the difference, or you are completely, utterly ignorant to the dynamic of the internet magic community.

And to the rest of you who aren't, thanks for keepin' it real.

Phew. Ok, rambling over.

Peace out.

Katie

Yes, I agree. That's why I said I wish that it could be truly underground. But then again, it's a buisness, so it really can't be hidden.

Jul 2, 2008
Haha, this is really funny.

I was walking through a walmart here in Canada. Going to buy some cheap bikes. And bam, guardians and tragics. i just about lost my jaw. I bought every single one for collection.

Unfortunately, they're terrible quality, The tragics are alreayd not the greatest, but guardians when I had originals were amazing. The ones from wal mart- basically non-useable in about three days!

voe

Feb 2, 2009
FYI: Guardians and Black Tigers are available at Books-A-Million if there is one in your area. They also have a decent selection of other bikes, nothing great but I picked up some Limited Edition Series and Eco Editions last night.

May 4, 2009
I will have to go check out my Books A Million! I found Guardians on Amazon.com, so I was wondering if any stores sold them.

I'll let everyone in on a little secret. I just bought 12 packs of regular Riber Back Bikes for $12.99 at costco!

You get six red and six blue. They are the real deal! Rider Backs for the same price of novelty cards.

Sep 9, 2007
I find it hilarious that the two people that found them at wal-mart are canadians. Where you from guys? I'm Canadian too. PM me. I'm gonna head to the local wal mart and grab a few packs.

Sep 9, 2007
I find it hilarious that the two people that found them at wal-mart are canadians. Where you from guys? I'm Canadian too. PM me. I'm gonna head to the local wal mart and grab a few packs.

Got 'em. The Bilingual boxes are kind of funny. I didn't get the different advert card though....

Yeah, I found some as well and grabbed half a brick. It was a pretty exciting day when I found them.

If anyone lives in the Vancouver BC area head over to the Wal-Mart in Queensborough Landing, that's where I found them.

-RA69

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Nobody flame me for this, but am I the only one a little worried about little kids infesting this site, and buying every trick. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against new people coming and joining us, but I'm worried about them buying every trick and doing it poorly and then a bunch of people give magicians a bad name. I might just be overthinking everything though :p

You know that is a good thought..... I just hope that whoever does but these tricks actually want them and want to learn...

Mar 7, 2009
Huntington, WV
Nobody flame me for this, but am I the only one a little worried about little kids infesting this site, and buying every trick. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against new people coming and joining us, but I'm worried about them buying every trick and doing it poorly and then a bunch of people give magicians a bad name. I might just be overthinking everything though :p

i don't think that its the problem is kids, cause im 16, but the immature kids. Kids that think that as soon as they buy every effect they are the next criss angel. well it doesnt happen thay way and they just need to get it through their heads. And plus, they also have the bad problem of buying it and as soon as they learn it, they go do it for someone. Horribly. So i don't exactly think its just kids in general. cause if you think about it, kids are the next gen. in magic.(and no im not putting myself on a pedestal above everyone, thats just what i think)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results