Halloween Effects

Oct 29, 2009
Jim Pace's "The Web" is a great routine for Halloween. It is advertised as "The World's Scariest" magic trick. Believe me, it really causes people to scream. It's a simple trick to perform with great reaction. I warn you though, don't perform this on someone with a phobia of spiders or insects because it ends with a spider appearing on the back of their hand. I really mean it, do not perform this on someone with a severe phobia of spiders or insects. My best friend has such a phobia and I didn't know it. When I performed it on her, she freaked out and it took a long while to calm her down. It was at least a month or so before she trusted me enough to show her other routines.

When I perform this trick, I now ask if the person has a phobia of spiders or insects. I am not talking about just being scared of them but a phobia. If they do, then I do something else or find someone else to perform it on.

And every person I have performed this for, including guys, have had reactions from screams and shaking their hands to get the spider off to going wide-eyed at the first site of it and then laughing from being fooled when they realize it is not real.

If you want a good Halloween routine, this is a great one.

Red

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Thanks, and I like it, but I need a download because it has to get here before Halloween without expensive shipping. I've mentioned this numerous times, but The Web is definitely something I will look into in the future.

Ian

Apr 1, 2009
California
I was actually looking at Stigmatisms. It looks really good. Any personal opinions?

Ian

I think it's definitely worth your money. Tears Of Blood alone is not only incredibly easy to pull off, it will be one of the most powerful effects in your repertoire. I know I've performed the effect AS IS, and it was very powerful. But added, say, a pulse stop, you'll be remembered for a very long time. Of course, with these effects, you Will need to work on your presentation, although they do speak for themselves in terms of power, you will need to present them in a way that won't get you sent to the hospital or psych ward. And of course, magic is an art that relies on credibility, sooo make sure you can convincingly pull it off as well.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I know they speak against this (the company) but I would not buy the accessory pack if I were you, for Wounded. There may be one thing that could be hard to find without it, but I'm pretty sure you could find it if you look hard enough.

Apr 1, 2009
California
oh ok.

Looking at the descriptions of the effects, they may not need that one item. who knows though.

Anyway, highly recommend

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results