Hard Work is not Work.

Nov 20, 2013
Day 45. Hard Work is not Work. An Essay.

I work hard. I get a ton of stuff done. Magic stuff. To paraphrase Mark Nizer. The person that invests the most time, wins. I do tons of blog posts. Emails. Quality time with family. Live performances. I use productivity exercises. Every day. I'll teach you productivity exercises tomorrow. Today? Here are 6 reasons why working hard is not work. Really. Give a read. Let's do this.
#Intro.

01 People actually like working hard. As long as it's not grueling. As long as it's not boring. As long as it's not busy work. It's play! Ever wondered why you can spend 6 hours creating trick after trick. After trick. The harder the work. The more we like it. As long as there's passion. Your passion is magic.
So- hard work is joy.
#Joy.

02 If it's physically active “hard work”. The better we sleep. When I performed at festivals and fairs I spent tons of time walking. Interacting. Having fun. When it was all done. I slept like a baby.
So- hard work is medicine.
#Medicine.

03 Let's play a game. I'd rather for one hour. Work hard and save the world. Or watch TV. The right kind of trick can save the world. It has before. A magic trick help win World War 2. Work hard to save the world. Or Watch TV.
So- hard work is entertainment.
#Entertainment.

04 My wife just left me. Work harder and forget abowd 'er. I just got in a car accident. Work harder and forget abowd it. The harder you work. The farther the brain is from reality. The problem. The crap storm. Take your magic to new heights. Work hard. Distract yourself from the lows of life.
So- hard work is distraction.
#Distraction.

05 Hard work lets you play. Work hard. Hard for an 3 months. Hard work gets you paid. Giving you time to vacation. In 2014 I only needed to work hard for 3 days a month. I was getting paid royally to perform my original tricks. But then the market dried up. Which is good. Because now I can help other magicians. Like this.

Even if you speed up your workday by 5%. You'll have more time to practice your passion. Your magic.
So- hard work is income and freedom.
#Freedom.

06 Hard work gets you motivated to do more. We work hard for our amazing reactions. Don't we? Working hard gets you in the mood. The mood to do better. More. Faster. Bigger.
So- hard work is inspiration.
#Inspiration.

Hard work without purpose? It will take years off your life. Maybe not literally. Maybe figuratively. Hard work sucks without motivation. Have purpose. Magic is my purpose. I spend 6-8 hours on magic, daily. I have motivation. Drive. Purpose. This purpose has saved my life.
#HavePurpose.

What's driving you? I'll help you get the most out of your magic life. Come back tomorrow for 4 productivity exercises I use, daily.
#Day46Teaser.

Do you know why I'm sharing my super secret productivity tips tomorrow? Because. Players play. Because. I play. Because. You play. Because. We need it. Work hard to play. Play hard to work. It's a cycle. Let's play. It's your turn.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
It is likely that you do this as a "creative" choice, but your writing style is hard to read. It is super choppy, and appears to be lacking any professional feel. It makes me ask myself if want to bother reading further or not, plus brings your credibility into question.

07 What I am referring to. Is your short sentence. Style. Separated. By unnecessary. Periods. #FollowedByHashtags

Yes, you want to have your own writing style. You don't want to create a writing style at the cost of many readers and your credibility. What do you want to accomplish? Do you want to give advice on magic? If so, readers and your credibility need to be a large part of your focus. If you want to create something artistic that is another thing, but I don't think that is what you set out to do. It just looks like you need some focus.

Just my two cents, but I hope it helps.

// L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results