Has anyone seen 'Eco Edition' Cards?

D

Deleted member 2755

I saw these at a Wal-Mart and picked up two decks. They feel just like normal Bikes, but obviously the real selling point is that you can recycle them... I think that's awesome.

That, and the fact that they last forever.

Did no one notice that I said I have a deck in my possession that has been in heavy use for 8 months, but still fans and feels like new? Just saying.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
I honestly doubt these are eco-friendly, the emissions from the factory making these will not make buying and recycling every single deck ever made worth it, in my opinion. Just like hybrid cars, you have to use them for some 40-50 years to make the car actually eco-friendly.

But on the other hand I love the box and they look cool :D

Jan 13, 2008
I honestly doubt these are eco-friendly, the emissions from the factory making these will not make buying and recycling every single deck ever made worth it, in my opinion. Just like hybrid cars, you have to use them for some 40-50 years to make the car actually eco-friendly.
Well, I think the "eco-friendly" aspect of most products comes from its use, its being built of recycled materials, and/or its recyclable disposal compared to other, similar objects. Using your car example, the "eco-friendly" aspect of hybrids is that there is less fuel being burned in the usage of the vehicle overall when compared to a similar vehicle. Or, with these cards, they are being made with recycled materials (thus, not cutting down new trees for their entire construction) and their ability to be recycled (including recycle-friendly inks and adhesive, even).

Maybe a better word would be "eco-friendlier" instead of eco-friendly. :)

And, much like everyone else, I agree that the box is full of awesome. I really do enjoy the cards, as well; from the looks to the feel, they are great cards all around. :)

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
That, and the fact that they last forever.

Did no one notice that I said I have a deck in my possession that has been in heavy use for 8 months, but still fans and feels like new? Just saying.

I usually don't read the whole thread, I just post my thoughts on the original post. But that is pretty awesome that it lasted 8 months. I may have to invest in more of these... two decks might not be enough! :p Although that's 16 months of cards. ;)

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I recently, actually today, picked up this cards.

I like the cardboard box and the looks of the cards, but I haven't played with the cards yet so I can't say about the feel.

The only thing I dislike about them is their price.

I can pick up 2-3 Bicycles for the price of this deck.

V.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 9, 2008
#1 YOU'RE NOT SAVING YOUR PLANET by purchasing these cards.

They are just trying to capitalize on the hype for the "Go Green" trend.

My only interest in these cards are Sinful's statement that they've lasted 8 months. How much use? If you've only used them a couple of times, and then left them in the box the rest of the time, cards can last a long time.

D

Deleted member 2755

I recently, actually today, picked up this cards.

I like the cardboard box and the looks of the cards, but I haven't played with the cards yet so I can't say about the feel.

The only thing I dislike about them is their price.

I can pick up 2-3 Bicycles for the price of this deck.

V.

Well obviously.:p It's just cool sometimes to have another deck. Let's say I was picking up a pack of Guardians right here from T11. Excluding shipping, it would but 5 bucks for a deck. I could get about 5 bikes for the price of that one Guardians deck. Sometimes it's just fun though to add cards to your personal collection and play with them for a little while. It's like Jerry's Nuggets. I could get 150 decks of Bikes for the price of one deck of Jerry's. ;)

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results