Hershey "Kissed" Gaff

Aug 31, 2007
I'm talking about THIS effect specifically not marketed tricks in general. Plus I didn't even know that the trick had been released until someone posted the link here. Finally why in the world are you getting all defensive considering you yourself are doing the same thing:

As far as I know, they don't sell them. I just make mine.

Like mentioned above, I print out the picture of the Hershey Kiss (on a semi-thick glossy paper, so it somewhat resembles a playing card finish) and glue it on the card (note that I use rubber cement, just because it tends to work out better for me--and I just love the stuff).

Also note that you can use other stuff besides a Hershey Kiss. It's such a simple concept, but it's so strong, and it's adaptable to other things (although you'd have to come up with other patter...no more sealing it with a kiss, heh). Try and come up with some other things to make appear and "pop off" of a card; it's fun and rewarding. :)

Go buy it now that you know it's being sold.

Jan 13, 2008
I'm talking about THIS effect specifically not marketed tricks in general. Plus I didn't even know that the trick had been released until someone posted the link here. Finally why in the world are you getting all defensive considering you yourself are doing the same thing:

Go buy it now that you know it's being sold.
I meant replacement gaffs...I have the effect already. But thanks for trying. :)

And how does this effect differ from any other? I'm sure that just as much thought went into this one as any other, seeing as the quality is about the same as many of the "quality" effects on the market. It really sounds like you're just trying to justify theft...I wouldn't even be surprised if it extended to the theft of other effects (have you been buying (or stealing) ANY other effects lately? A good majority use known, easy, methods (as well as very cheap gaffs, some of which can actually be bought at a pharmacy) for accomplishing a trick, they just differ in how they apply them--but that difference in how they apply them (which includes the specific idea behind the whole routine or effect) is a big one).

Anyway, do what you want. It's ultimately up to you if you want to do what the majority of magicians would consider ethical.

As a side note, this ("this" being a total lack of respect to the creator) is exactly why I wouldn't release any effects to the general public, and why the majority of people who DO release effects keep their BEST stuff to themselves. =(

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah I don't consider myself a magician. Just do magic as a hobby. Totally agree with the last part.

And I still wouldn't pay $20 for it. Maybe 10. I think Jim Pace's - The Web is better than this and it's only $9.80 on E.

Jan 13, 2008
Yeah I don't consider myself a magician. Just do magic as a hobby. Totally agree with the last part.

And I still wouldn't pay $20 for it. Maybe 10. I think Jim Pace's - The Web is better than this and it's only $9.80 on E.
Yeah, having morals and respecting the art extends to those who aren't magicians, by the way. But whatever, to each their own.

And considering there is no "best trick," and people will always have their opinions, there will always be some trick that's better than some other trick for whatever reason. I personally like this one because it's great for performing for girls (the majority of my friends, thus it works out well), and it's great for walk-around/table-hopping (making it great for doing at my brother's restaurant)...The Web is good, too, but I tend to only use it around Halloween or with kids (not the really young ones, cause that's just mean, but yeah), thus making Kissed the far better choice for me (but again, it differs for everyone). :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results