Hey everyone... I'm new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2009
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello before I start to become very active here in the forums. I got into magic 1 week ago after seeing Criss Angel (he rocks!) and I want to be just like him! I then went and searched for magic tricks and found ellusionist. I bought 1 trick from them and some vipers then looked for some tricks online and found some. Talk to you guys later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 1, 2007
My skepticism alarms are going off something fierce, but I hesitate to jump headfirst into this one.

You said you found more tricks online. As in more stores? Or stuff you downloaded through peer-to-peer? Or those skin-peelingly bad YouTube tutorials? Throw me a bone here.

Mar 21, 2009
My skepticism alarms are going off something fierce, but I hesitate to jump headfirst into this one.

You said you found more tricks online. As in more stores? Or stuff you downloaded through peer-to-peer? Or those skin-peelingly bad YouTube tutorials? Throw me a bone here.
I just searched on google and found it.

Mar 21, 2009

By the way why the harsh response? Whats so bad about YouTube tutorials they are really helpful.

Sep 1, 2007
I just searched on google and found it.

Oh. Those clowns.

Most of the tutorials there are made by bedroom wannabes or are pirated directly off of a copyrighted DVD. While I have a slightly more nuanced opinion on piracy than the black and white interpretations of most of the community, I see that particular site as nothing more than a joke and the circle-jerking community of people making the awful tutorials are the punchline.

You may learn a few moves from them (badly), but considering most of them don't perform for anything other than their webcam, you'll never learn how to actually be a magician from them.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
we arent going to be revealing anything here for you for free. if thats what youre looking for, youre in the wrong place.

otherwise, welcome to theory 11, prepare to be flamed for your username. and always remember,

mystifyer1.gif

Mar 21, 2009
Oh. Those clowns.

Most of the tutorials there are made by bedroom wannabes or are pirated directly off of a copyrighted DVD. While I have a slightly more nuanced opinion on piracy than the black and white interpretations of most of the community, I see that particular site as nothing more than a joke and the circle-jerking community of people making the awful tutorials are the punchline.

You may learn a few moves from them (badly), but considering most of them don't perform for anything other than their webcam, you'll never learn how to actually be a magician from them.

Thats mean to call people trying to help beginners like me circle jerkers. And why can't I become a magician from them. They teach the secrets.

Sep 1, 2007
By the way why the harsh response? Whats so bad about YouTube tutorials they are really helpful.

YouTube tutorials are to learning magic what a Swiss army knife is to practicing open-heart surgery.

I can guarantee you right now that you show me any YouTube tutorial webcam jockey, and not only could I teach the material better than him, I could perform it better than him. I'm not saying that to be pompous, I'm stating it as a fact. There's a reason I get paid to perform and they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results