Hidden Gems

Sep 6, 2010
"hidden gems" are mainly based on perspective. I love some of the "gems" that I've found, but that's because they work so well for me. As soon as I read the effect I knew that I could pull it off my own way, I feel super comfortable with executing the sleights in front of a lay audience, and I almost instantly get some variations and new patter ideas once I finish reading the explanation.

Magic may seem like a very long and tedious journey at some point. Maybe it's because the big magic companies cause us to expect a new effect that's supposed to be the next big thing that someone has been sitting on for the last 20 years. We are an instant satisfaction generation of magicians (for the most part).

At some point you will grow as a magician, and realize that the amateur's quest for the holy grail is better left to amateurs. All of the people who have been named to have created "gems" are true artists, who have learned to bend and create "gems" for themselves. Most are ready to move on to doing this, but don't believe that they can, or are blinded by the "holy grail" of whatever effect they're after.

What's your point? I was just asking if you could tell everyone your favorite gems....

Aug 17, 2010
For coin work, Doug Brewer's The Unexpected Visitor is full of solid stuff. Amazing Three Coin Routine (or is it Famous Three Coin Routine? Legendary Three Coin Routine? I started calling it 'Three Coins and a Purse' and the real title has escaped me) is pure dynamite. Three Across the Fly is another good one. Sounds Familiar os a nice coins across.

Ray Kosby's Impossible Close-Up Magic

The best part about this video is that it has more than just cards and if you have watched this video you will know that even Cyril was inspired by an effect from this awesome resource.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results