Hired as a magician( but don't know a lot of tricks)

Feb 17, 2017
[QUOTE=" I really feel like the bottom deal is advanced when it comes to magic, and do not understand how and why one would use it without learning cops, palms, steals and controls. Also kinda salty that he knows a bottom deal and I still can't pull one off at all after a few months of practicing.[/QUOTE]
Well.. i did kind of start out magic by card cheating methods. For bottom deals, i started out with the straddle grip where the index finger is on one side of the deck and the pinky on the other side(lengthwise). when you deal, try to make a "rhythm" and place you thumb on the same place for when you deal normally. When you bottom deal, release your index and middle finger, while still having a loose grip on the deck. Now, i am moving on to the grip that Daniel Madison uses. As for cops, palms, steal, etc... i did learn controlling cards and gambler's cop by Daniel Madison. there is tons of tutorials on youtube recommend the one here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...WG8G7w&usg=AFQjCNG4RrPqYXsIdvC5e7S4lgCZcywLOQ

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Well.. i did kind of start out magic by card cheating methods. For bottom deals, i started out with the straddle grip where the index finger is on one side of the deck and the pinky on the other side(lengthwise). when you deal, try to make a "rhythm" and place you thumb on the same place for when you deal normally. When you bottom deal, release your index and middle finger, while still having a loose grip on the deck. Now, i am moving on to the grip that Daniel Madison uses. As for cops, palms, steal, etc... i did learn controlling cards and gambler's cop by Daniel Madison. there is tons of tutorials on youtube recommend the one here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwialZaJ-97UAhUQ2WMKHa6jC4AQtwIILDAB&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Ge-WG8G7w&usg=AFQjCNG4RrPqYXsIdvC5e7S4lgCZcywLOQ
hmm, seems kind of strange. No one really deals in Straddle grip. Looks clean, but still awkward. I'll stick to my Master Grip.

Reactions: Josh Mickelson
Feb 17, 2017
Great to hear! What did you end up doing the week before the party to prepare? Also, what other effects did you perform?
Yes, I would like to hear what went well, what things can you improve on, etc.
Well, to start off, the tricks went pretty well. I mostly followed by Chris Ramsay's tutorial on youtube and most of the downloaded videos that i purchased already. There was some people who were skeptical, but when i let them be the "helpers" for my magic, they had no clue how i did my my tricks on them. I did 2 card monte by DB, torn and restored by justin miller, and torn and restored transpo, and many other that i forgot. The party went pretty well!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Well, to start off, the tricks went pretty well. I mostly followed by Chris Ramsay's tutorial on youtube and most of the downloaded videos that i purchased already. There was some people who were skeptical, but when i let them be the "helpers" for my magic, they had no clue how i did my my tricks on them. I did 2 card monte by DB, torn and restored by justin miller, and torn and restored transpo, and many other that i forgot. The party went pretty well!
Cool! How long did you actually end up performing for?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results