How are the mods here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erulez

Banned
Mar 27, 2009
guys ive been lookin at the forums for while. and finally made an aacount. but today i was reading like 5 threads that were all deleted. r the mods really really strict? is he/are they?

Aug 18, 2008
guys ive been lookin at the forums for while. and finally made an aacount. but today i was reading like 5 threads that were all deleted. r the mods really really strict? cause ive hear about this one mod named sinful that was supposed to be really mean. is he/are they?

I can see why your threads get deleted.. No they aren't strict, they do what they are supposed to do. Delete threads that are pointless or just plain stupid, or people who need to learn how to type properly. And sinful is the man.

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
Um, no. As long as your posts are relevant to magic,(or even better, advancing the art), then you'll be fine.

D

Deleted member 2755

None of us are mean. :) We are also not very strict. If we see something irrelevant, reposted, disrespectful, or anything that may offend someone else or is against the forum's rules, then we handle things accordingly.

The only people who think I'm a jerk are jerks themselves. ;) (Yes, I've had to deal with many of them on here as the other moderators have as well.)

We are always fair and always take feedback into account. Just check out my signature.

If there is EVER a problem with the way any of us moderate, you guys should PM one of us your complaint, tip, suggestion, or whatever you wanna call it and we'll talk about it.

I am a very nice guy and those who actually know me on here know that.

Send me a PM if you ever need anything. I try to be as helpful as I can.

-Doug

Jan 13, 2008
Hey,

I just wanted to mention that the modding done here is actually not that bad. They're certainly more lenient than some other magic sites. I'd definitely not say they're strict, and would in fact suggest they be a little bit more strict, but that may just be my style (I hate stupidity and ignorance of the rules--it's a pet peeve).

Also, if you'd like to know more about Sinful, in particular how he mods this place, I'd suggest PMing him. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to discuss with you how he does his job (as would any mod here). :) [Edit: See? Just as he said, like seconds before me. ;)]

Oct 21, 2007
Mods here are not mean at all, but may be strict at times. Infact RebelAce69 is a good friend of mine and hes not mean at all.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Anyone have any info on that jonraiker dude? I heard he runs around here like a dictator. Mods. :rolleyes:

Jokes aside, Doug hit the nail on the head. If anyone ever has any problem with the way things are going around here - our inboxes are always open for discussion. All ears... er... eyes?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Anyone have any info on that jonraiker dude? I heard he runs around here like a dictator.

Yeah, that dude is 1 crazy mofo.

Mods on here aren't strict at all. They do what they need to in order to keep the forums running for discussion.
If you obey the rules, you shouldn't have any problem with moderators.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
The mods are very friendly and are here always to help.

If there is any problem they will come and handle it.

So if you need any thing, just let them know and they will answer your concern or question in the best way possible.

doug/cody....love them. [sinful/rebelace69]

Thanks Nikki and everyone else for the compliments, but I do find it kind of unfair some of you are ripping on Doug. He's probably the most active MOD and really puts a lot of time and effort into it.

Of course not everyone has to be in agreement with everything he (and the rest us of do) it just seems because he's on so much and is always involved people have more of an opportunity to point out his flaws because he is in a position of "somewhat" authority. That's how I see it at least.

And it is true we are always open for PM's, suggestions, etc. I get very few PM's of the fact and I hope to see some more because of this thread. And don't think we don't discuss things you send us, we chat more often than you think.

-RA69

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Since my old post was deleted for no apparent reason, I will repost in a more theory11 style manner:

I am a drone and a sheep and I love all the mods, especially sinful isn't he great, gee wilikers.

-Michael

Sep 1, 2007
Does it strike anybody as interesting that I've crossed swords with the mods here more than almost anyone else and I complain about it less than those who have the occasional thread locked?

Anyway, the mods close threads here mostly because either someone tries to use the blackest necromancy to return a year-dead thread into a shambling monstrosity of a George Romero movie, or because all intelligent discussion is swiftly buried under a cretinous avalanche of lolcats pictures and Chuck Norris jokes.

But whatever, kids. Continue raging against the machine.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
In my mind the mods are good, except for Sinful. Who closes threads left right and centre.
I've never seen him close a thread that didnt deserve it. If anything he's been more lenient than need be.
Michael Nasello
Since my old post was deleted for no apparent reason
You mean like blurting out a blatant disrespectful attack on someone and not validating it with an example or reason?

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
I've never seen him close a thread that didnt deserve it. If anything he's been more lenient than need be.
You mean like blurting out a blatant disrespectful attack on someone and not validating it with an example or reason?

I'm not a fan of public revealing of character unless it's an emergency, but f you really want to know pm me.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results