how bad criss angel believe is

I'm curious about which show he is reviewing, the original or the "new and updated" version. I have heard A LOT of bad things about his original show but I heard now that he updated it, its not bad. I think he's probably talking about the old version because he mentions cirque du soleil and if I'm not mistaken I think Criss took them out of the show.

Nov 25, 2008
i think it's about the old show..CA tweeted that he added a new motorcycle illusion to his show..Maybe the show has improved

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Yeah that's the old show. If you listen to this podcast of criss he talks about his show and how much he changed it. His new show seems to be getting better reviews.

I tried searching for it but couldn't find it, there was a thread a while back on this topic. I wanna say it was dodd vickers aka magicnewswire but not 100% sure. The article was about criss' show, something about how not many shows in vegas turn completely around like that but his did. If I come across the link ill post it.

I'm curious about which show he is reviewing, the original or the "new and updated" version. I have heard A LOT of bad things about his original show but I heard now that he updated it, its not bad. I think he's probably talking about the old version because he mentions cirque du soleil and if I'm not mistaken I think Criss took them out of the show.

I think it's closer to Cirque taking them self out, but yeah.

Keo

Mar 10, 2011
Texas San Antonio
I think it's closer to Cirque taking them self out, but yeah.

Hey Mr. Draven. Have you been able to view the new show? I'd love to see the show become more 90s Angel again. He had, from what it looked like, a decent stage show before the original Mindfreak then Supernatural TV Specials. I'm just curious an hope your travels are safe.

Jan 12, 2010
The 'new' show is rated and reviewed as terrible as the old one. The last time Criss performed decently was indeed before his Mindfreak shows when he was fairly unknown to mankind, if I have to believe a friend of mine, Keo here and several others on their words.

Ever since Mindfreak he got all arrogant and lazy. Let's face it, the only improvement this show could have is a different magician, or a whole lot more Cirque du Soleil. Criss has never been a good technical magician (at least he used to work for it back in the day and he doesn't even do that anymore), and even in the stage performances of his Mindfreak shows I noticed very flawed techniques which his editor often didn't (manage to) cut out.

Cirque should fire Criss and use one of their own magicians to do the show. You can buy the greatest illusions in the world but if the magician sucks, the show sucks. And the only reason why he won all those prizes is only because those organizations knew they would get a lot of attention thanks to that. 'Nuff said.

/CrissAngelRant

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I've seen his show... and really I didn't think it was as terrible as you people are saying... I don't know whether it was the "new" or the "old" one.... I did go on the show's 1 year anniversary (purely by chance fyi, I had no idea) so it could be a little different. Thing about the show is that it's not a magic show. Its a cirque du soleil with some magic incorporated in it. You can't go looking for magic. You have to look for the show. And I liked it.

Jan 12, 2010
I've seen his show... and really I didn't think it was as terrible as you people are saying... I don't know whether it was the "new" or the "old" one.... I did go on the show's 1 year anniversary (purely by chance fyi, I had no idea) so it could be a little different. Thing about the show is that it's not a magic show. Its a cirque du soleil with some magic incorporated in it. You can't go looking for magic. You have to look for the show. And I liked it.
Must have been the older show. As far as I understood, they got rid of most of the Cirque bits from the show.. and it still isn't a magic show. The positive reviews are only about how comedic the show was but still agree that it lacked magic.. and that it lacks Cirque du Soleil now too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results