how many trick do u perform?

Oct 1, 2010
i know that every one knows over 100 effect but he performs only 10 or 5 from those effects , most of the time i perform 1- clipshift CHAD nelson

2- sandwich for mere mortal tony chaNGE

3-biddle trick

4-card across / subway dan and dave

5- ciritrion chad nelson

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Many of us "know" a ton of magic effects, but actually performing them and doing them "well" narrows it down to about 15-20 for me. I have about 8 really good close up effects that I perform regularly at the drop of a hat and then I have about 12 effects from my birthday party gigs that I perform regularly.

I could care less if someone comes on here and says that they can do 75-100 effects. Chances are they are performing over and over for the same friends and family and are just trying to keep "them" entertained.

Why not master a handful effects and destroy any audience you come across on a day to day basis. All of the pros master their shows by doing them over and over and over again hundreds of times. Sometimes magicians will keep routines for 30 plus years to get it to where they want it.

Aug 10, 2011
I often perform only about 10 effects to any person at a time. I tend not to do many effects from theory 11 or ellusionist unless I feel the audience is getting bored. usually I tend to open with my own stuff and a trick called regal jokers by andy field

May 29, 2011
Atlantic City NJ
Wow you guys do a lot, I generally only do 4 or 5 at most like legend. Not even 5, people generally get bored on my route on the boards if I stay for more than a few minutes doing my magic.

Jun 1, 2009
If people get bored, that's your fault, not theirs. Greg Wilson wrote that they (audience) should feel cheated if you left early. You're job is to entertain them, which is the opposite of boredom. I think 4 or 5 is too little to be honest. Yeah they say "only three and you're good" but what if people ask for more? You're screwed.
Get a set of about 8-11 that you can do no problem, anytime, very consistently in execution. Then have a few "special" ones you bust out for big events, like birthday parties or corporate events.

Even if you do just 4 or 5 tricks, make them the best you can possibly do. The last thing you want to do is bore them with your magic. If they are not into it from the start, well that's a different story and you're not to blame, some people just suck the life out of things. However, boring someone is definitely on you.

Some food for thought.
Jacob

Oct 1, 2010
I often perform only about 10 effects to any person at a time. I tend not to do many effects from theory 11 or ellusionist unless I feel the audience is getting bored. usually I tend to open with my own stuff and a trick called regal jokers by andy field

what are the 10 effects u perform tell me :D

Aug 10, 2011
what are the 10 effects u perform tell me :D

Usually I open with regal jokers by andy field followed by a trick I made up with a sort of similar effect to william tell. By then, I can judge how aware they are of sleight of hand. If they watch without seeing I usually do card forcing masquerading as midreading and (suprisingly, double lifts actually amaze quite a few people) double lift tricks. If I feel they are quite aware of sleigt of hand I bring out the ellusionist and theory 11 tricks. Usually unknown by luke dancy, eterpoint by patrick kun or special k by will (can't remember the last name) If i feel like eding at these point, I will usually end with the invisible deck. Thnx for asking

Aug 17, 2010
My busking routine is

One coin routine
Call Shot (Dean Dills coin assembly)
Coins across
Chicago Surprise
Mongolian Pop-Knot rope routine
Cups and balls

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I perform a total of 35 effects that i can do at any time because i always carry these things with me. Now these 35 includes sleight of hand effects, self working effects, mentalism, gaff etc ... I have the effects listed on my phone so when someone ask me to perform, i take out my phone as if to reply to an SMS but i browse the list and pick an effect that fit the situation i'm in ...

Aug 5, 2011
My busking routine is

One coin routine
Call Shot (Dean Dills coin assembly)
Coins across
Chicago Surprise
Mongolian Pop-Knot rope routine
Cups and balls

Can you pleace explane Chicago Surprise? Youtube dont show it ^^. From were did you learn it?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results