How much practice to perfection?

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
A LOT. I've been practicing the flourishes on the trilogy since August and I STILL can't get them smooth. I always have these fraction of a second stops.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
it depends on the person. Some people have a knack for it while others practice for months even years to get decent. I can tell you that I don't have a knack for it BUT I know the moves to some.. I just can't do it as fast as some can. I also believe that doing it slow gives it a sense of ellegance. But then again, I'm forced to do it slow haha.

Oct 28, 2007
I practice about 4-5 hours a day on about 4 different flourishes and so far my progress has been very effcient so if you do what i do it will take about..............26 years :D

Feb 14, 2008
New Engalnd
well, it depends what sybil your talking about =|. But, i practice around 1-2 hours a day been flourishing since about september, i had alot of progress then i just can't get any better. So i have no idea but to tell you pracitce 1 flourish at a time.

"Mastery: The mastery curve. There's really no way around it. Learning any new skill requires brief spurts of progress followed by a short decline to a plateau slightly higher, in most cases, than the plateau that proceeded it. In the real learning experience, progress is less regular. The upward spurts vary, the plateaus have their own dips and rises along the way but the general progression is almost always the same. To take the master's journey you have to practice diligently and hone your skills to obtain new levels of competence, but in doing so, and this is the inabsorbable fact of the journey, you have to be willing to spend most of time on a plateau and keep practicing even though you seem to be getting no where."

--from the book "Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment" by George Leonard

Sep 4, 2007
"Mastery: The mastery curve. There's really no way around it. Learning any new skill requires brief spurts of progress followed by a short decline to a plateau slightly higher, in most cases, than the plateau that proceeded it. In the real learning experience, progress is less regular. The upward spurts vary, the plateaus have their own dips and rises along the way but the general progression is almost always the same. To take the master's journey you have to practice diligently and hone your skills to obtain new levels of competence, but in doing so, and this is the inabsorbable fact of the journey, you have to be willing to spend most of time on a plateau and keep practicing even though you seem to be getting no where."

--from the book "Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment" by George Leonard

Very nice quote. Seems to be applicable to many aspects of life. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results