I am sick of YouTube...

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Tres cool.

Much like Franglais. ;)

Just in case anyone had the same problem of being unable to upload as me, I found the solution.

Surprisingly, the problem sourced from my browser. Apparently (since September) Youtube has had trouble with any other web browser, excluding Google Chrome, which they have been promoting.

After downloading Google Chrome, my video uploaded at normal speed and actually successfully completed the process.

However, I decided to mute the video. In the video, I've placed links to Vimeo, and mentioned the situation in the sidebar to re-direct viewers to the video with sound.

If you're interesting in how it turned out, it can be seen here.

-Sam H

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
hey i had that problem before just dont tag the name of the band in it and your vid should still be there

Trust me, I tried everything.

Youtube uses software to compare the sound in your video to that of the master track, to see if the copyright has been infringed.
Although, don't quote me on this. My videos wouldn't even go into the processing stage, it'd just stop me and explain the copyright issues.

also not feel good

Ummm... what?

-Sam H

Jan 11, 2009
My experience has been that if you use music that has the name of the song or the name of the band in the MP3 that you use in your video editing software then that is in the the video program when you upload to Youtube and the "processing" is their computer looking at known band and known song names.
If you kept trying to put the video there then they will stop letting you upload.
Try redoing the video but rename the song before putting it in your video editing software

Jan 9, 2009
Oh they've done this to me as well, yet other people still have their videos up using the same song, and in some cases, have had them up longer.

I don't understand them!

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
Youtube and Google as a whole have software in place to prevent content providers (people who upload videos or create web sites) from doing things that they don't like. The YouTube terms of service have also stated this in some form or another for as long as I can remember:
don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks

The RIAA has been on YouTube's case in the past. Google/YouTube apparently felt as though they needed to take action. I hate to say this, too, but the publishers of those songs need to protect their rights. It would otherwise not be fair to the guy who wrote the song, the band who rehearsed and recorded it, the producers, and everyone else who created the disk if YouTube was able to place advertisements next to a pirated copy of that song.

It would be the same as someone stealing your videos and placing a bunch of advertising all over them, but never sharing a cent with you.

Nor would it be good for YouTube/Google to get sued into unknowable consequences by leaving the unlicensed music on their site.

If some people are getting away with using the same songs then they probably did something to prevent YouTube from catching them. Chances are, they did it on accident. The detection software will never be perfect.

There is no shortage of music in the creative commons, as someone else stated. You can pick up Acid Xpress and a bunch of 8-Packs of sound samples for free and (to an extent) do it yourself.

I have been seeing a LOT of complaints such as this one over the past week or so on a lot of communities. The rule has always been there, and I think YouTube is finally finding ways to enforce it.

May 19, 2008
manchester
Much like Franglais. ;)

Just in case anyone had the same problem of being unable to upload as me, I found the solution.

Surprisingly, the problem sourced from my browser. Apparently (since September) Youtube has had trouble with any other web browser, excluding Google Chrome, which they have been promoting.

After downloading Google Chrome, my video uploaded at normal speed and actually successfully completed the process.

However, I decided to mute the video. In the video, I've placed links to Vimeo, and mentioned the situation in the sidebar to re-direct viewers to the video with sound.

If you're interesting in how it turned out, it can be seen here.

-Sam H

that is a really really really nice video - that should be how people make their films/videos ;)

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
that is a really really really nice video - that should be how people make their films/videos ;)

Very much appreciated, thanks :)

My experience has been that if you use music that has the name of the song or the name of the band in the MP3 that you use in your video editing software then that is in the the video program when you upload to Youtube and the "processing" is their computer looking at known band and known song names.
If you kept trying to put the video there then they will stop letting you upload.
Try redoing the video but rename the song before putting it in your video editing software

Oh. I hope it wasn't that simple... Gah. XD

I'll remember that for the future. :)

-Sam H

Sep 3, 2007
I doubt it's that simple. MP3s also have tags (the type that tell the name of the song, the artist and genre etc.) embedded into the file. Changing the tags and the file name could possibly work (?).

It has something to do with this possibly:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/22/business/media/22warner.html

I have had all of my videos removed from youtube because of music and my temporary solution is to just find another host or use my own webspace. Also, I won't visit their site anymore.

Sep 30, 2008
Look on what file formats you can and can't upload to youtube, that is where I had a problem for a while.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I appreciate your continued help very much, but I have solved the issue with the uploading problems.

I'm 99.9% percent sure it was to do with the browser. I'd attempted to upload many many times using Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari, to no avail.

I tried once with Google Chrome and it worked straight away.

Thanks again,

-Sam H

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results