simple triumph
invisible reverse
tNr by mathieu bich
dangerous: mystique
dangerous: motion
smooth operations by kevin ho
royal road to card magic
the trilogy by dan and dave buck

i'm looking mainly for books or dvds on card magic and flourshing and/or extra decks. what would be a good selection of things to get for a beginner-intermediate level magician?

Sep 3, 2007
You should buy an advisor so you never have to deal with this predicimate again. You shouldn't ask us what to buy, thats up to you. Look up reviews and ask our oppinions on them.

You've got a wealth of material right there. Work on what you have because that should last you for a long time. Make a nice routine, work on your performance. You have tons of time! Plus you said you're a beginner. That's a lot of material for a beginner. Practice! : )

I agree with Katie's advice.

Mitch

May 8, 2008
England
Or buy a cool shirt and wear it to said dinner. :)
Then again the cooler the shirt the worse the dinner... Or a great dinner with a wack shirt. Hmm. Cinema maybe and scrap dinner?
-S

TheCleaner

Banned
Sep 25, 2008
Dinner sounds good, want to come back to texas for a one year reunion? Me,you,josh,braedan, and ricky smith.

Oct 9, 2008
awesome advice everyone thanks ;). btw, are there any specific tricks or maneuvers(i.e. double lifts) that a beginner should know?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Weeell... I think you'll find that after a few months, all the most common sleights, you'll come into contact with anyway, just cause they're the most popular/effective ones, such as a DL, obviously...

I myself didn't learn the Elmsley Count (which is pretty basic..) till a little while ago because I never needed it. I don't think there's really any specific checklist per se however..

Mar 29, 2008
Buy the book Card College vol 1 by Roberto Giobbi - master the stuff in it, get a gig - use that money to buy flowers for Katie AND dinner!

Sep 11, 2007
You should provide us with a list of things you are looking into. OR let us know which direction you want to go - mentalism, card flourishing, card magic, coins, insane street magic, etc.

just let us know. you are asking a VERY vague question because there is soooo much material out there...

i personally say buy either royal road to card magic (the book) or Morgician said card college #1 IF your into card magic. and practice the very basics do not think they are useless they are not at all.

but thats what i would do i say do whatever you want learn any tricks u want and really learn them be urself just do what u want.

Oct 9, 2008
@conjurer77: i think i said card magic and flourishing in the first post.

@Michael Kras: awesome

@WilliamMckeehan: i have the royal road to card magic and i think ill probably get card college #1. thanks.

Sep 7, 2008
The Moon

Buy "Expert at the Card Table" and spend the next 2 years working on the material inside. The only thing you should buy in that period are decks.

If not that, then go with The awesomeness Katie Egleston's advice.

MD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results