In Front Of Camera Magicians

Please Get Out There.
I Need Some Live Audience Video's
Am I Really The Only One Tired Of Seeing The "Hands In Front Of Crotch" Vids?
I Know Iv Stressed This Before, But I Dont See A Change.
Ha Ha Ha
Maybe I Just Have A Unknown Knack For Challenging The Magicians Who Wont Go Out There On The Fields And Blow Minds, But Rather Sit At Home And Play It Safe.

Darn it =p

How do you know they don't preform in real life. The whole camera thing is show other magicians from other cites/ countries some of their material. If you wanna see some live performances than go on youtube.

no no you misunderstood, or maybe i just presented myself wrong lol.
i meant in challenges. all im seeing is in front of camera you know.
that was my point, i didnt mean generally, my mistake ha ha

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
lol, i know what you mean, I guess its beacuse Stokedhero0 challeneged like 12 people to have a battle including lie audiance and they all denied, instead we have like 50 color chnage and double lift battles.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I understand what you mean - for some people it's just not possible though. I have been in two battles, both effects to camera. I have no video camera, only a limited wire webcam that is attached to me computer. My desk with my computer is right in the corner, and hence if I got an audience member to perform for, you would see the performance from behind me, looking underneath my right elbow. Evidently, I simply can't submit videos for live audiences. I would venture to say that many do have my problem too - though in theory, I agree with you.

I understand what you mean - for some people it's just not possible though. I have been in two battles, both effects to camera. I have no video camera, only a limited wire webcam that is attached to me computer. My desk with my computer is right in the corner, and hence if I got an audience member to perform for, you would see the performance from behind me, looking underneath my right elbow. Evidently, I simply can't submit videos for live audiences. I would venture to say that many do have my problem too - though in theory, I agree with you.

Man That Sucks =/
I Get That, Inability To Go Out There And IT Sucks For People In Your Like Situation. Mostly Because Is Soooooo Much Fun Taping It Then Watching It Later
=]

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I usually do magic when I'm asked, usually by friends who know I always have cards on me because I'm constantly flourishing.

I like doing this because it makes it look like I wasn't really planning on doing magic and that this question makes it look like I didn't set anything up ahead of time. ex. put card in wallet.

It would be pretty unorthodox to say "yeah, I'll try something" and then pull out a video camera for someone to tape me.

I was doing magic in a parking lot 2 nights ago for a lot of friends(16) and their reactions were ridiculously funny.
I WISH I could have taped it for you guys, you would have definitely enjoyed it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
lol yeah - I can't film my performances when I'm out but by all means I try and do them... Doing one tomorrow actually, should be good... Haha yeah I can see how it'd be awesome to rewatch though. :)

Sep 1, 2007
It would be pretty unorthodox to say "yeah, I'll try something" and then pull out a video camera for someone to tape me.

Why not just ask them? "Hey guys, could you do me a favor? I want to tape myself performing a couple things so I see what I need to improve."

Why does everyone have such a hard time asking other people for help?

This, No Offense, is Lame lol
Of Course You Doing It For Your Friends Is Fun And Fine, But Your Not Nervous Performing For Friends, I Know Im Not.
Its Completely Different Going Up To A Complete Stranger And Asking
" Hi Excuse Me, Would You Like TO See A Trick? If They say Yes, You Ask, Mind If I Film?
They 95% of the Time say Sure.

Oh And Another Thing. Asking Isnt Hard. =p

Sep 3, 2007
Why not just ask them? "Hey guys, could you do me a favor? I want to tape myself performing a couple things so I see what I need to improve."

Why does everyone have such a hard time asking other people for help?

Because.... [edited] Most people wouldn't want to take the time out of their day to help someone get good at a magic trick. There's too much repetition.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I don't have a problem with 'on the street' filming, I think it's good for your performance. I don't do it very often but I do do it occasionally. Usually, though, I just do it at home to save going up town. Oh and it rains alot in Cumbria...

Sep 1, 2007
Because.... [edited] Most people wouldn't want to take the time out of their day to help someone get good at a magic trick. There's too much repetition.

Peace.

Make better friends, then. Any of my friends or family would happilly sit still for five minutes and let me run through a routine with them in front of a camera.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Make better friends, then. Any of my friends or family would happilly sit still for five minutes and let me run through a routine with them in front of a camera.

Good point but this thread is about street magic rather than friend and family magic...
or I might have lost track a little bit?

Btw, I agree with you, I'm all for street magic with a camera. I'm not trying to disagree with you in the slightest.

Look To All Who Are In This Thread
Theory 11 Is This Whole New Idea
You Know
It Is Street Magic
If You Disagree, go grab Your Sponge balls And Silk And Rope
And have Fun At Home

As For Me. Im Gonna Go Out There And Melt Minds =]]

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results